This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Woes

Finally got snow/ice yesterday, and it's still well below freezing. This is my first time trying to run air through the winter, and I just ran into my first snag. My driver's front bag won't inflate :p

I'm running 8 SMC valves with off of two lines from the tank, so each line feeds a bank of 4 valves (left and right). The valves are controlled via an EAI 7-switch box. The rears inflate just fine, as does the passenger front, although that doesn't inflate with its own switch, just the center 'both front up' switch. How likely is it that the valve itself is stuck/broken versus having messed up wiring somewhere?
    -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Originally posted by Svenska94Aero View Post
    Finally got snow/ice yesterday, and it's still well below freezing. This is my first time trying to run air through the winter, and I just ran into my first snag. My driver's front bag won't inflate :p

I'm running 8 SMC valves with off of two lines from the tank, so each line feeds a bank of 4 valves (left and right). The valves are controlled via an EAI 7-switch box. The rears inflate just fine, as does the passenger front, although that doesn't inflate with its own switch, just the center 'both front up' switch. How likely is it that the valve itself is stuck/broken versus having messed up wiring somewhere?
    Seems like it's a wiring related issue as you still have functionality while pressing the front-center switch. Did you figure it out yet?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

It magically started working again thankfully, but I'll definitely be changing the wiring soon.
      -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Yeah, seems like it could be a ground related issue. Do you hear any popping from your speakers when you hit switches at all?

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

Not that I've noticed, but I'll keep an ear out. My ground blocks are super cheap and crappy, so I bet you're right. I'll grab the multimeter and check things out when it gets a bit warmer out
          -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Working...
          X