Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: Rondell Style 57 (Borbet Type T) 16x9 et15

SOLDSOLDSOLDSOLD

So the time has come for me to sell my wheels. I looked/waited for a set of these to come up for years but now it's time to let someone else enjoy them.

For sale:
    (5)Rondell Style 57 w/ centercaps
    16x9
    et15
    57.1 hubcentric rings
    (2)Toyo T1R 215/40/16 mounted (will need to be flipped fairly soon)
    (2)Yokohama S.Drive 215/40/16 mounted (will need to be flipped fairly soon)
    (2)5mm spacers + (8) extended lug bolts, I think they are from Turner but can't really remember, these are high quality pieces, not the scheisty eBay ones
    (2)3mm spacers, these definitely are the scheisty eBay ones, I used them before I bought the 5mm spacers

Here is the story behind the wheels. The guy I bought these from apparently had a contact in Germany who worked at Rondell. He called him up and ordered 5 of these wheels and was told at the time that these were made for Rondell, by Borbet. These come in the exact specs that the Borbet Type Ts do, the only difference being that the centers have a slightly different color silver finish. I was never able to verify this story as no one ever responded to my questions. For all I know, this could be the only set of these exact wheels in the country.

They are in great condition but do have some minor flaws here and there. Overall, it's nothing that doesn't happen to cars that get driven so I never really cared too much, I have tried to show all the flaws I could see in the pictures.

Wheel 1:

Wheel 2:

Wheel 3:

Wheel 4:

Wheel 5: This wheel has never had a tire mounted on it

Tires: The inner shoulder on all 4 tires are heavily worn, tires will need to be flipped pretty soon if you want to continue to use these. Somehow I lost one of the photos of the tires so I only have photos of 3.

Here are some shots of them on my E30:

Rear is bolted straight, front has 5mm spacer here:

Here is a fitment shot of stock fenders with the 3mm spacers on the front (and crazy high suspension!):

I'm putting these up at $1,350, included is everything in the list at the top of this posting. These wheels are getting hard to find in these specs.

Wheels are located in the Bay Area, CA. I would like to keep them local but if these have a hard time selling I will ship at buyers expense

I will be cross-listing these on Stanceworks, e30tech.com, and VWvortex.
    Last edited by jpod999; 02-08-2013, 07:21 PM.
    Wut?

Bump.
    Wut?

Comment

Still available.
      Wut?

Comment

bump
        Wut?

Comment

Ttt
          Wut?

Comment

Price lowered to $1,350 + shipping if necessary.
            Wut?

Comment

sick wheels man, love the way they looked on the e30.

GLWS

1991 E30 Sedan - Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by ecuastyle84 View Post
                sick wheels man, love the way they looked on the e30.

GLWS
                Thanks!
                Wut?

Comment

i am in SJ if you still have by the end of jan ill pick up! Clears e30 without spacers right?!
                  IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

The fronts will only clear with the 3mm spacers that are included with the wheels. I am sending you a PM.
                    Wut?

Comment

Ttt
                      Wut?

Comment

Originally posted by Rob&co View Post
                        i am in SJ if you still have by the end of jan ill pick up! Clears e30 without spacers right?!
                        Are you getting my PMs? When I look at my sent folder in the PM box it doesn't show anything. Not sure if I am just a dumbass or if they aren't getting sent.
                        Wut?

Comment

Sale Pending.
                          Wut?

Comment

Working...
                          X