Raceland questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raceland questions

So I bought raceland coilovers for my e36. Very cheap, but im in college with no job and its a daily driver. Anyway, Im looking to go lower with them. Any tips/tricks?

Also, anyone know the spring rates? Racelandus.com says 350 lbs/in in the front and 300 lbs/in rear. Then I called them and they said something like 370f 430r?

-Dan

You could always change springs, although I don't know how long the struts will last.

Are you down to the last thread? If you want to go lower still, I guess you could pull off the helper springs.

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/u...file/

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
      So I bought raceland coilovers for my e36. Very cheap, but im in college with no job and its a daily driver. Anyway, Im looking to go lower with them. Any tips/tricks?

Also, anyone know the spring rates? Racelandus.com says 350 lbs/in in the front and 300 lbs/in rear. Then I called them and they said something like 370f 430r?
      take a look at the bumpstop when they are turned all the down. you should be riding them, preventing the spring from going lower. the ones that come with the kit are pretty large. if you trim it in half, you should be able to go lower, at least another half inch.
      Originally posted by Kielan
      I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

take out the helpersprings and bump stops and lower it more
        they should go plenty low enough haha

Comment

Im thinking about trimming down the bump stop. What are helper springs?

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by wheelfetish View Post
            Im thinking about trimming down the bump stop. What are helper springs?
            from my experience with these, it wont help at the moment. take a look. the spring top should be crushing/sitting on the bumpstop. removing the helpers wont do anything since the shock is prevented from collapsing further with the spring. you can try either, imo, i just prefer to keep the helpers in there since the spring rate is soft to begin with.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

how would it not help? lol it gives about another inch when you take it out. because when they are on the car and the car is lowered the helper spring is compressed all the way, the only thing its there for is to keep the spring from moving freely on uneven ground
              the helper spring is the smallllller spring on the coils ^^

Comment

Gotcha. Would removing the helper springs affect the spring rate at all?

-Dan

Comment

i had 4-5 threads left in the front with the helper spring in and it was to the point where i couldnt drive on my style 5's, like i would get stuck on steep inclines or speed bumps so i cant see why your having an issue, as far as the rear i took the collor out and just left the actual base down there and that too made it plenty low

BalleurBuilt•DSDone
                  form>function
                  "i mean we cant even rock dem shoes if it dont got a comma on the price tag..."

Comment

Originally posted by balleur View Post
                    i had 4-5 threads left in the front with the helper spring in and it was to the point where i couldnt drive on my style 5's, like i would get stuck on steep inclines or speed bumps so i cant see why your having an issue, as far as the rear i took the collor out and just left the actual base down there and that too made it plenty low
                    Well I haven't actually installed them yet, im waiting for all this snow passes. I just wanted to see what I could do to make them lower before I installed them. But after reading your post, im just going to leave the front alone then take the collor out of the rear. Thanks guys.

-Dan

Comment

Originally posted by nateee View Post
                      how would it not help? lol it gives about another inch when you take it out. because when they are on the car and the car is lowered the helper spring is compressed all the way, the only thing its there for is to keep the spring from moving freely on uneven ground
                      the helper spring is the smallllller spring on the coils ^^
                      did you not read my post? lol. it wont help because the shock wont continue to fully collapse when its resting on the bump stop. put a 4" spring up in the front. lol. it wont do ish if the car is sitting on the bumpstop. again, these cheap ass coils go very low without removing the helper spring. depending on if you are using camber plates or m3 top hats or stock 3 series hats, the lowest height will vary. i used stock 3 series ones and turned these all the way down. being stretched on 205/40s, i tucked tire. i noticed that the car was sitting on the bumpstop way before the coilover was fully turned down. after trimming it, the car was even lower at the lowest setting.
                      Last edited by NegativeCamber; 02-06-2010, 10:05 PM.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

im trying to get my rear lower, any ideas? if i take out the colur how much of a drop would it be?

bmw by sethum13, on Flickr

Comment

I'm running Racelands ATM, the front is kinda low and I have plenty more threads left. My rears are all the way down, when it gets warmer I'll probably roll the fenders and take out the adjusters in the back.
                          Originally posted by da3bous
                          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                          X