X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90 G60 Corrado build

Hey guys,

You may remember from a little while ago when I building this e30:

Well closer to the end of finishing painting it I got fed up with losing my pan twice a weak ( work had speedbumps that resembled curbs more then anything, I would wear through the pan from having to scrape over them)

So anyways, I ended up parking it after I smashed the pan and continued to drive home anyways. Motor made lots of good noises, despite having another motor sitting at the shop, I decided it wasn't worth putting more time in a super rusty shell ( strut tower was leaning, holes in the floors etc).

So I sold the suspension and some other stuff, euro grills, trims, lights, oem shadowline etc I kept, likely will never part with my goodies kept the bbs's as there isn't to much market for 9.5's out back in the 4x100 crowd and I wasn't willng to give them away.

So here I am, I work at a VW dealership as a tech, scored a 2002.5 jetta 1.8t gls, loaded with leather, power everything, heated seats, premium sound and what not, and only paid 1500.00 cdn for it. So have been dailying this since september or so. No mods really, clear markers, subby antenna, some oem goodies and just got a set of oem 17's that orginally came on it for summer.

So now the good part, I happen to find myself in the situation to buy a one owner G60 with the original bill of sale, service records back to 93, and not just oil changes, everything and anything had been done. Got it for 1800, with 230,000 km on the clock, red on grey/red pattern cloth and black bolsters. Interior is pretty mint save for one or two flaws. You can really see the car was taken care of, had only seen 5,000kms since 2001.

Reason for the low cost, t-belt let go, smashed some valves due to having a race cam, owner had already had a new t-belt, waterpump, and tensioner done in hopes it would be ok, but it wasn't. So I snagged it and pulled the head today, one valve bent, the rest touched but seem ok. Will be replacing all the valves, valve seals, and upgrading the lifters to AEG lifters. Then reinstalling the head hopefully tuesday, with the old race cam back in it again.

I'm currently lacking pictures, but I will grab some tomorrow at work where its sitting. I already test fitted the bbs's on one side and there is some serious poke. Going to try some smaller tires and camber shims after coilovers. Debating between H&R ultra ultra lows or some sort of Koni.

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading all of my rambling, I wil reward you with lots of pictures of the Corrado tomorrow, for now here's more of the poor e30.

1'st!
    And i even read it all, some bad stuff in there(bmw fan at heart, sorry about you having to part it out "btw, skidpad/raising the engien ftw?"), and alot of good stuff, cant wait how it will play out, def in for pictures. This is gonna be bad ass.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

problem is skid plate means less clearance, as far as raising the engine goes, then you change your drivelane angles, I was already having drive shaft issues. Picture of the pan clearance for referance:

Comment

I loved your e30, and though you stated it needed a lot more work, it sure did look very cool where you left it. On the other hand, I am really looking forward to this Corrado build. I no longer have a BMW but rather a GLI, and though I am still a die hard BMW fan (they still run in the family), I am very much becoming a VW fan. Keep up the good work, I am definitely looking forward to this.

Comment

Always been a fan of your E30. Can't wait to see what you have planned for the corrado.

-Dan

Comment

lovin the low on the e30. Sick!

Comment

So a little delayed, but have some horrible quality pictures. Been super hectic, so I haven't had time for anything better, that and its fucking cold.

The head almost done:

The car as I got it:

So a bit of a plan change as far as wheels go, sold the rm`s on friday for 1900.00, which got me out of those without losing money. Going to use the money to pay for all the parts for rebuilding the head, buy some suspension and hopefully buy some smoked ecodes and fogs+clear turns up front.

Hopefully end up with a set of 16" rs`s that I`ll build into 9`s for the back and 8.5`s up front I think.

Went through the service history and found that the head has a crane 272 cam in it, and car got a p-chip too. I'm using upgraded lighter lifters for the rebuild, and hopefully in the near future buying a pulley kit for it also.

More next week.

Comment

small update:

Car runs, although I kinked the braided oil line going from the charger to the head so I will need to replace that before it's driveable.

Picked up a spare charger to get rebuild and possibly go stage 4 with. Trying to pick up a set of coilovers shortly too.

Comment

i loved ur e30 man that shit looked tight. goodluck with the g60.
                  any plans for wheels yet??

Comment

BBS is a big possibility, throwing around the idea of type A's too, it will all come down to whats for sale at the right price.

Comment

Very nice! Looking forward to updates!

Comment

Another small update.

The oil line that was kinked and leaking will be here tomorrow, so other then flushing out the fluids and hooking up the downpipe to the manifold, the car will be good and running.

Now I need to find some suspension.

Comment

You should just rip that G60 out and put a vr in it. Then just go BT on the VR. My buddy started with a G60 and it caught fire so he threw in a vr and turboed it and it is like a night in day difference! But its your car and i cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

The car is one owner, with full service records at my dealer, and in as close to perfect shape as possible, there is no way i am going to ruin that by putting in a heavy paper weight of a motor.

Update:

Drove the car, its awesome! Loved every minute of it. Now its time to do some tune up stuff, get everything perfect, and of course slam it.

Comment

I wish raddo's were rwd

Comment

Working...
                              X