e28 ACS wheel refinish project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e28 ACS wheel refinish project

Picked up a set of 17x8.5 and 17x9.5 ACS type1 3-piece wheels the other day. mounted them for a teaser:

they rub in the front on the spring collar and rub the fenders in the back. i have a fender roller on loan from a friend so i will roll all 4 lips. pretty sure i can take care of the front rub with skinnier tires. was thinking 225 or 215, not sure what is best on a 8.5" rim. not looking for tons of stance, since car is a DD.

existing tires on them are 235/45/17 and 255/40/17. obviously no stance. i think i will swap over the 245/40/17 from my mustang over to the 9.5" rears for now.

the front rims need refinishing, i think i am going to disassemble the wheels and go to town on them. a quick cleaning and this is how they look:

the rears a damn perfect. centers could use some paint but the outer barrels look good. inner barrels both have some repair work, ill get a pic of that later. i believe at least one of them leaks air so im not sure if its cheaper to repair or get new barrels.

so the project is to dismount the tires and disassemble all the wheels, repaint the centers, and refinish the barrels, then install with stance status. e28 will also be getting bilsteins and lowering springs.
    2011 Outback 2.5i 6MT #subarubaru - daily/off-pavement adventure vehicle
    2001 BMW 325i Wagon 6MT #daswagoon - wife's #becauseracewagon
    1996 Suburban 2500 TD #superbbourbon - tow bitch/people hauler

very nice wheels :drool:

Comment

Sweet E28!

Comment

Work. Probably close specs to mine

I have 17x9 and 17x10 Type 1 Rennsports.

Comment

Sick!
          Originally posted by da3bous
          I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

god i love those wheels
            Chris-

Comment

Nice project, I have always wanted a set of these beauties. Are you staying with silver centers or changing that up too?
              [

Comment

Originally posted by BADwayz View Post
                Nice project, I have always wanted a set of these beauties. Are you staying with silver centers or changing that up too?
                probably staying with silver. i havent really found another color i think would work well... any ideas?

Comment

Gold?

Comment

boredom at work + photoshop =

i need to get me some time to disassemble the wheels and get to work. im leaning towards silver centers or gold. black IMHO is overdone and white is a bitch to clean

Comment

so your the ass hat that beat me to them on vortex...lol
                      congrats man i jumped all over them and told him to give me his paypal info and he said they had JUST sold them damn you. i wanted these bad.

Personally i would go for gold but an actual gold not that yellowish gold pee color you have sampled there....i also think matte black would look sick on those. excited to see what happens

Comment

Phil, you know my answer is gold, but not the super yellow stuff that you pchopped...

Comment

i hear ya on proper gold, reproducing it on a silver wheel in photoshop = bleh!

Originally posted by notloEnuf View Post
                          so your the ass hat that beat me to them on vortex...lol
                          congrats man i jumped all over them and told him to give me his paypal info and he said they had JUST sold them damn you. i wanted these bad.
                          i drove up from SD to get em... emailed him a ton on craigslist. cash in hand works wonders!

Comment

Heres a quick 2 minute one for ya

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post

Heres a quick 2 minute one for ya
                              thx, doing photoshop on a CRT at work = bleh colors

Comment

Working...
                              X