R31 skyline build from aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R31 skyline build from aus

hey all, thought I'd transplant my intro thread into here, as there will be a few things goin on with the car in teh next month or so that are more of a build rather than intro!
    so...
    Its an R31 skyline with an R34 Rb25DET in it, have had many sets of wheels but am just about to take delivery of some work DH 18x9 & 10 + 20 all round, should sit nice and flush,
    heres a pic of the old work FS's I had on it

another, but this is when the front was way too high, it was a combination of wrong custom springs sent out, and camber tops adding about a foot too much clearance,

all of that setup is sold, in the next few weeks the new setup will be JIC S13 rear coils, with 8KG springs, and the front is a 7 KG (should have gone heavier ) with KYB short stroke shocks, I suppose the back needs to be reall y stiff cause I haven't got IRS to help with the scrape.
    ah well, here is the engine bay, (I have tidied the hell out of it, and made it look like a 33 RB25 on purpose, as I thought the neo cover looked like ass!)

and here are the wheels that will be in aus in about 4 weeks or so.

so thats the rig, hopefully I can get some half decent stance goin on like you guys over the next month, it will be a daily, but I'm going to roll it as low as it physically goes and not worry bout the cops, as I'm sure a lot of you guys daily your cars!
    lovin the site, heaps of inspiration,
    cheers
    mark
    Last edited by goon bag; 11-16-2011, 07:52 PM.

welcome aboard! cant wait to see updates!
    FCUK your bitches and the click you claim.™

Comment

nice!!!! But i think 18's are a lil too big for it. I like to be closer to the ground, But the R31 is dope!

1990 325is- current project
      1986 325e- Parts Donator
      2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
      1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Welcome to the site! What kind of power are you making?

Comment

looks good. some 16' work miesters would be great

Comment

cheers guys, I have had a few sets of 18's before, and before I got these works I was really thinkon of some oz racing 5 spokes in 17's, but these wheels were just too good of a deal to pass up, I'd really love some SSR formula mesh in 16's. we'll see what happens! but after browsing around here I want a BMW really bad LOL (my wifes parents have 3 E12's and they just want to throw them out, so that could work out alright!)
            on the power side, it made 190kw at the wheels, a little low, it's still got the stock auto, with the gear it has on it, it has potential for about 220 or so, but she's built for cruising, as long as the tunes a safe one (no pinging) then all good!
            cheer again guys!
            mark

Comment

Inspiration for j00?

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.
              Originally posted by da3bous
              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I take it you're from melbs? Welcome! Good to see another local on here.
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

didnt know r31's were live axle. thats odd. can you bolt an irs rear end in from an r32 or silvia or something?

looking forward to the pics with the new stance and wheels.
                  sigpic
                  Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                  Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

great ride,dude!
                    Lo-Fi lifestyle

"Våld löser alla problem"

Comment

hey oxer, yeah from melbs mate, used to live in narre but now I'm in sunbury, good to see another aussie on here that loves wheels and stance!!

cheers guys for the comments, all suspension will be installed on the weekend, so I'll get some pics up of it low!

Comment

Originally posted by goon bag View Post
                        hey oxer, yeah from melbs mate, used to live in narre but now I'm in sunbury, good to see another aussie on here that loves wheels and stance!!

cheers guys for the comments, all suspension will be installed on the weekend, so I'll get some pics up of it low!
                        Nice, Im located in Reservoir.. Hopefully once there is a bit more attraction with stance we can organise some form of meets... Spose i need to finish one of my cars first though haha..

Pics of the Skyline low!
                        Originally posted by anth
                        Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

This has amazing potential. Now Do Work!

Comment

sick car man. can wait to see updates!

Comment

I love R31's. I just wish they were easy to come by in England

Comment

Working...
                              X