Tire Fitment Opinions Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Fitment Opinions Please

I just got a set of Keskin KT1's that I'm putting on my E36. They are 17x8.5 et15 front and 17x10 et18 rear. I want to get several opinions on what my best tire options are to get the best fitment. I was thinking 215.40 front and either 215.45 or 225.45 for the rear. I've never ran a stretched tire setup before so I just want to make sure I get it right. I have DDM coilovers currently, will I need a spacer to clear them? Also, what tire brands do ya'll recommend for a running some stretch? Thanks guys.
    Last edited by E36Bimmer93; 06-30-2009, 11:50 PM.

205/40 and 225/45

I believe that would look very close to the stretch I have, if not 225/45 then 215/45

Comment

215/40 235/40

Comment

Who are you?

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
          Who are you?
          Chris-

Comment

Originally posted by BeastinM3 View Post
            215/40 235/40
            235/40 on a 10 isn't a lot of stretch. I'd definitely do a 225/40, plus the aspect ratio will be all retarded, i used to run a 215/40 and 235/40 on my old wheels and i ***** it, looked like a tractor

i have a 215/45 on a 9.5 and its very little stretch so you get an idea
            Last edited by Tuck&Poke; 06-30-2009, 12:24 PM.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

I wouldnt call 215/45 on a 9.5 very little...

215/45 ZRi 17x9.5

Comment

maybe fk452 run a little big, heres mine

Comment

ZRi's do run narrow, so its gonna depend on what tires you get OP lol

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    ZRi's do run narrow, so its gonna depend on what tires you get OP lol
                    Haha, yea that's why at the end of my OP it mentions wanting to know what tires ya'll recommend as well. I'm thinking I'm gonna go with the Fuzion ZRi's. Hard to beat their price.

I'm leaning towards 205/40 front and 215/45 rear. I don't know if a 215 on the front would be enough stretch for me, same with a 225 on the rear. Anyone have some pics of a 205 vs. a 215 on an 8.5" wheel and a 215 vs. 225 on a 10"? Preferably with Fuzion tires

Comment

lol It's not as simple as most people think when you start getting down to millimeters

Comment

a 225/45 on a 10" should look very close to how much stretch I posted above. Mike correct me if I'm wrong.

And a 205/40 on an 8.5

ZRi of course

Comment

That looks perfect. Well, I've got the front decided now. Still torn on the rear. Thanks Sean, you've been a huge help

Now I just have to find someone to mount them. I'm pretty sure a shop won't do it for liability reasons. I talked to a couple, and one said it was too dangerous and one said it was was impossible to do. I
                          My friend races modifieds and mounts his own tires so hopefully he'll do it for me when he gets back from vacation

Comment

theres always aerosol and a lighter

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                              theres always aerosol and a lighter
                              Haha. I will prolly end up using the butane and lighter technique.... but I'm scurred

Comment

Working...
                              X