Spherical bearing source?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spherical bearing source?

I did a custom coilover setup on my audi 200. Long story short, the front wont go low enough and it has almost no travel, so I'm making a spacer plate to sit on top of the strut housing on top of which will sit a spherical bearing for the strut to mount to.

I have the whole design figured out, but I need a spherical bearing like what comes with a lot of camber plates. Here are some pics to show what I'm talking about...If anyone knows where to get something like this WITHOUT buying camber plates please let me know!!

aurora bearings - high quality, expensive

QA1 - supposedly lower quality, affordable.

They both have all sorts of options as far as sizes.

I did a very similar project on my own and used qa1's. I figured I could switch over to aurora's if the qa1's sucks. So far no complaints though.

Here's my upper strut mounts that i had machined.

Last edited by Rally; 01-19-2010, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info...can you give me details on how that mounts? Then I can order up, design the mount the right way, machine it and be on my way...

Comment

The picture is the bottom. The two big holes are the bolt holes for the airbag and the 3 small ones mount with the 3 stock bolts. Mine is for a MINI cooper and airbags so it's probably much different than your setup.

Comment

I meant how the bearing mounts in the plate...looks like it sits on top of that snap ring, but how does the circular part that the snap ring sits in mount to the rest of the plate? Press fit?

Comment

BDI will likely have what you need as I got my replacement spherical bearings from a BDI dealer here in town. They may even have a dealer near you. (as they do here in Nashville)

Erik

Comment

Originally posted by loxxrider View Post
              I meant how the bearing mounts in the plate...looks like it sits on top of that snap ring, but how does the circular part that the snap ring sits in mount to the rest of the plate? Press fit?
              It was press fit and welded on the other side.

Comment

awesome thank you!

Comment

Pegasus racing carries them as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X