• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oppinion on lens....ASAP!!!!!! <<<<

right peeps need a oppinion on this lens asap
    looking at a lens for my canon 500d
    guy wants £160 for it..

please get back to me peeps would mean alot to me...

pics would also help to .... fresh out the cam ??

don't know too much about the lens myself, but if you check this site out they have a lot of reviews on the lens, pic of the lens doesn't look the same but all the specs match up, may be worth a look

Comment

Have you grown out of your kit lens? I would suggest you mature/grow out of the kit lens before buying something else.
      Originally posted by Jesus Christ
      if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
      Originally posted by Jedidiah
      he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

i prob wouldnt buy that one. lol.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

kool no probs
          only reason i seen impressed with this is my mate had one pics of his work

liked the results on his work but... aint too sure now after reading those comments....

Comment

Originally posted by halpo View Post
            kool no probs
            only reason i seen impressed with this is my mate had one pics of his work

liked the results on his work but... aint too sure now after reading those comments....
            He has good post processing. Like I said, you need to mature out of your kit lens before diving into something else. You may not even be using the kit lens to its full potential. Kit lenses are still very powerful tools.
            if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.

Comment

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
              He has good post processing. Like I said, you need to mature out of your kit lens before diving into something else. You may not even be using the kit lens to its full potential. Kit lenses are still very powerful tools.
              i have been trying ways with the kit lens... some come out right some come out crap...
              its a 18-55

but lookin at other lenses to try out with anyway....

Comment

Originally posted by halpo View Post
                i have been trying ways with the kit lens... some come out right some come out crap...
                its a 18-55

but lookin at other lenses to try out with anyway....
                Honestly, grow out of it before you spend your money on something else. Kit lenses are still VERY powerful. Don't underestimate it. I am not knocking your skill (because I don't know it), but just keep in mind that you might not be using it to its full potential.

Comment

chances are good that you will get the same results from the sigma that you get from the kit lens. search flickr for shots taken with the 18-55, you may be surprised.
                  as for the flickr account you linked. its really difficult to see exactly how sharp any of those shots are because the guy only allows us to view the little tiny pictures.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

yeah, my kit lens was decent. i eventually replaced it with a 50mm and a 28mm prime. then a 24-70.

Primes are cheap and great quality if you want something to experiment with and be creative.
                    Disclaimer:
                    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Ill echo the kit lens thing. I still use mine, although i am looking for a prime now.

Flickr

Comment

Only reason I could see buying that was if I found myself needing the reach and it fit my budget. It's not a bad lens if you want some decent reach in a walk around lens, I often shoot in more demanding circumstances so I often spend quite a bit more on faster glass, but like others have said if your kit lens is still serving you well I see no other reason to replace it.

Erik

Comment

as a general rule, at least this is what ive been told by people who have spent their lives in photography and cinematography, dont buy a lens that crosses the 55 threshold. a lens that does wide and tele is very difficult to do right. as said, i would stick to the kit lens, and maybe get a fixed 28mm f1.8. at least thats going to be my next lens

Comment

I have the 18-200mm Sigma and it is alright at everything, but it's not really good at anything. Very blurry around the edges.
                            Dylan Leff - www.originalplate.com

Comment

I like my 28-135 :shrug: Though I guess technically it is a kit lens for some cameras.
                              Jason
                              flickr
                              build thread

Comment

Working...
                              X