Im kinda tired of seeing only new Minis on here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im kinda tired of seeing only new Minis on here

I mean dont get me wrong there are a bunch of stanced New minis on here that look top notch, but its just something about the old ones that looks so much better . With that said id like to introduce my Classic Mini build. Its been sitting in my garage for a year and a half waiting to be finished and now that i finally got some time on my hands thats exactly what ima do. It started out as a father son project, but was cut short when my dad pasted away. Anyways, its a 1961 MK1 with 1968 Cooper S engine/tranny, LCB header, Weber side draft carb, HiLo adjustable suspension cones, S brakes, and 10x7 minisport wheel with 205/50/10 rubber. Hopefully i can score some 13s to run some stretch . Thats enough info till my next update, here are some pics from last night:

Love old minis, use to live in england and my mom had a screamin' yellow one with a racing steering wheel and stuff.tuning is in the blood.
    E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
    E36 M3 Mugello rot
    GEN2 TUNDRA CM
    https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

I love it, that might be my next build after the 02 is finished.

Comment

Hell yeah, thats a shitload of rubber
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Wow looks like an awesome project!

Fender flares going on to fit over the wheels?

Comment

Thanks for the comments guys. I got three different sets of flares, just not sure which one to go with.

Comment

nice, i was actually thinking the same thing. I have a new mini, and i just bought a classic the other day. Yours looks nice man. cant wait to see it finished

Comment

I love classics. Can't wait to see what you do with yours.

<--Another new mini owner looking to snag up a classic as a project car

Comment

I want one to make rwd
                  E53 4.4 Sterling Gray Metallic
                  E36 M3 Mugello rot
                  GEN2 TUNDRA CM
                  https://instagram.com/carlmichaeljohnson/

Comment

i was so close to getting one as oppose to my audi. LOL

Widebody B6 build

HIT ME UP if you need Ksport supplies. i can get them to you cheaper than anyone.

Comment

There's a company called Z Cars and they make all kinds of conversions for Minis. They have a kit where they put a Hayabusa engine in the back of a Mini. Also there is anoter group that sells an all wheel drive conversion using a honda vtec engine and CRV tranny. Heres a video of the all wheel drive Mini
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swUBxUFDJVg

Comment

Sweet! I want one so bad. There's a guy down the street from my work with 2 sitting in his yard that haven't been touched in years. We actually have the engine from one of them sitting on a shelf.

Comment

that so bad ass... how much can one find a decent shape mini for? I come from the datsun 510 world and have always wanted a mini but never could figure out a way to come across one? any insight? thanks

Comment

ahh that would be sooo much fun to work on! make your dad proud!
                            Insta | Dev

Comment

Originally posted by Byron View Post
                              Sweet! I want one so bad. There's a guy down the street from my work with 2 sitting in his yard that haven't been touched in years. We actually have the engine from one of them sitting on a shelf.
                              Take the one with the missing engine
                              Originally posted by da3bous
                              I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Working...
                              X