Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS400 UCF11 Factory Air Suspension

Hi Guys,

I've done a bunch of searching both here on SW and around the rest of the net but haven't been able to find anything terribly useful. I have a UCF11 Celsior (LS400), factory air suspension and I want to do something about the height

Now I know you can buy a controller to do it, but the r-spec website doesn't really seem all that useful so what I'm after is some info about how to work with this standard stuff I have in my car.
    • What are the options as far as after market controllers go?
    • Can I do anthing to lower it without buying a controller? Like some way of overriding the suspension controller, playing with the height sensors, bleeding off air etc...?
    • I'm struggling to find anywhere on the net that knows much about these, I figure VIP type forums would be a good place to start, does anyone have any suggestions of places I could go to find the info?

Thanks for this guys

No-one??
    Even suggestions of other places I can ask, VIP car forums etc....?

Comment

I had a few ucf11's in the past. Either u can buy an aftermarket controller or swap it all out for an aftermarket air suspension setup... I had a friend that was good at electronics and wired up our own controller, relays, to the oem air suspension ecu. Only thing that sucked was it was very slow in raising and lowering the car as the oem valves are very small and there is no air tank to store air. The compressor kicks on, valve(s) open up and the compressor pumps air straight into each air strut.

Oem airlines are very very small, maybe 1/8", or maybe even smaller... If ou want to go low for cheap, adjust the sensor links all the way inward. Take the links out, remove the lock nutsand reinstall the links. This will give you a decent looking drop at normal height selected. At high selected it will look stock height.

If you want to go 1" lower thank that, look into an SS kit. I think a company called youzealand sells them. All it essentially is are spacers. The front spaces the lower balljoint 1" from the lower control arm-raising the knuckle getting you a bit lower. The rear lowers the lower strut mount...

Hope this helps. On a side note, these transmissions are infamous for breaking down, so do a filter change and fluid flush. Also look into installing an external trans cooler cuz excess heat kills...

Comment

Awesome thanks for the info that's quite useful

Comment

Working...
        X