Any of you use B&G RS2s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any of you use B&G RS2s?

If so...what kinda dampner settings are you running?

Im planning to run them pretty agressive and I know they'll need to be stiff but I didn't know what most get away with.

B&G says they designed the shocks/struts to give minimal travel as-is so Im thinking I can lean towards the soft side. Idk...
    E90 LCI 328xi / Autosupreme Coutures / Mission:Conquer Slamming AWD BMW #vipe90

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

StanceWorks....for supercars as well.

I ran them on a mkIV gti.

had to run them at full stiff to keep rubbing down.

Comment

im running them on my other mk4 gti, i have them full stiff cause im low and running 10's in the rear, but great coils prob the best setup ive owned and thats a pretty long list. However I will be going to air on this car by summer to match my other gti, way more comfortable

Comment

Originally posted by audi666 View Post
        I ran them on a mkIV gti.

had to run them at full stiff to keep rubbing down.
        Originally posted by mpv View Post
        im running them on my other mk4 gti, i have them full stiff cause im low and running 10's in the rear, but great coils prob the best setup ive owned and thats a pretty long list. However I will be going to air on this car by summer to match my other gti, way more comfortable
        I just installed em yesterday...from ebay, ground controls, to skunk2s on various vehicles these things are superb!! B&Gs adjustable shock set-up was absolutely genius. The ride quality is nuts slammed, rides better than my beater at stock height.

6-clicks up front seems absolutely perfect...10-clicks in the back is a little rough, I don't have my wide wheels on the car as Im on the stockers so I havent had any rubbing issues what-so-ever.

Did you guys' coils settle a bit over time??
        Last edited by Dom_J; 12-24-2009, 08:40 PM.

"Chasin' the dream, never the competition..." #@lifestyle "Chromed out bimmers & Gold Alpinas......." -Dom Kennedy

"A supercar doesn't need to be incredibly wide and have enormous wheels. It must have height, stance and length. It must be as low as possible and reasonably short in length, but it still must be substantial and have an unmistakable attack in its stance."

Comment

Yup I have RS2s on my MKV, absolutely love them. I'm all the way down on both the body and the spring and am set at full stiff and they actually ride surprisingly well. Mine definitely settled over time.

Comment

Originally posted by cardoza View Post
            Yup I have RS2s on my MKV, absolutely love them. I'm all the way down on both the body and the spring and am set at full stiff and they actually ride surprisingly well. Mine definitely settled over time.
            Wow, thats insane...Good to know for the day i wanna really slam the front more. Rear beam is my only limitation at the moment. Im waiting to see how much more they will settle first.

Thanks a lot for the input. I'm assuming you have the stiffness set-up to the max because of how you got em cranked down all the way. Your car definitely looks good.
            Last edited by Dom_J; 12-25-2009, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Me. All the way down with no rear collars and spring rubber isolaters, 1 collar removed up front. They're on full stiff, daily driven 60 miles a day. They're stiff, but I like it like that and keeps the rubbing to a minimum.

Originally posted by Jesus Christ
              if "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" doesnt include being able to buy a huge veiny motherfucker then the declaration of independence isnt worth the hemp it was written on.
              Originally posted by Jedidiah
              he speaks the truth.. he doesn't even have the -- -- eyes.

Comment

That looks great, you gotta nice set-up. I removed all collars in the rear, and just ran the spring w/the rubber insulators under/above. Wanna remove em, worried about possibly getting noise though, and kinda waiting to see how much they'll settle.

Did the install the other day,

Before, sitting on progress springs & stockers for winter.

Right after....

The kit.

I pretty much at the limit out back sitting on just the coils. Idk how much if anything removing the rubber insulators would give me, they are pretty thick though. Up front I probably have another inch of strut to twist down, the coils haven't been spun down at all. The front should get me where I need to be, the back could be an issue, although wheel gap is minimal so thats a good thing.

Handling is great, front rides awesome at 6-clicks, the 10-clicks in the rear is good but a little stiff. I love stiff ride also but living in NJ w/the countries worst roads, Im already pushing it, I wish I was back in Texas!!!!! But its worth it, more than satisfied w/this kit, worth every penny.
                Last edited by Dom_J; 12-28-2009, 08:45 PM.

Comment

If anyone needs any pricing or Info on B&G Suspension Products let me know.. been selling the product for over 7 years!

-Mike Migs-
                  MigsMotorsports.com
                  San Diego Car Service / Installs and Part Sales... Contact us at info@migsmotorsports.com or call us at 858-334-3989..
                  Suspension B&G / Eibach / H&R / Kw / KYB / Bilstein Wheels Miro / Alufelgen / Rotiform Clothing effin euro - If we do not list it, ask us and well get it!

Comment

^ +1. I bought and had my rs2's installed by Mike. He has more knowlegde on B&G products than pretty much anyone else.

I love these coils. I have mine set to 7 clicks in the front and 9 clicks in the rear. It rides very well but is still stiff enough to minimize rubbing. I might stiffen up the front a tad though.
                    -Bill

Comment

B&G RSIIs for the win...
                      I had them on both my daily and my 337. About 2-5 threads left in the front and all the way down without perches in the back:

Hella4 | MTechnica Wheels - Wheel Designer | Memoryfab

Comment

I have RS 2's on my e36....stiff as they will get....

Comment

I'm thinking about getting these on my mk4 but with the pics it doesn't seem the rear goes low. THey lay frame right? I have FKs right now but I'm not happy with how low the rear goes.
                          I <3 Poke

Comment

we also have 6in 9kg/mm springs for u guys that wanna go lower without taking off collars on the coils!

hit us up at Migs Motorpsorts!
                            emerson@migsmotorsports.com
                            MigsMotorsports.com
                            San Diego Car Service / Installs and Part Sales... Contact us at info@migsmotorsports.com or call us at 858-334-3989..
                            Suspension B&G / Eibach / H&R / Kw / KYB / Bilstein Wheels Miro / Alufelgen / Rotiform Clothing effin euro - If we do not list it, ask us and well get it!

Comment

Originally posted by notloEnuf View Post
                              I have RS 2's on my e36....stiff as they will get....

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2751/...8c549406_b.jpg
                              How many threads do you have left, if any?

Comment

Working...
                              X