glow in the daaarrrrrk???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glow in the daaarrrrrk???

hey guys like i said imma be painting my rims white before the show in SB next week and i was really thinkin of layin down a layer of glow in the dark spray on em.......
    ive been debating on if i should do it or not.
    now this glow in the dark paint needs to be charged before it glows and i think thas a good thing cuz i dont think id want them glowing constantly at night.
    during the day the rims will appear white but at night theyll either glow or just be white....

fawk i just dont noe how much shit id get about rolling around on rims that glow in the dark....
    watchu guys think??
    Flickr
    need your fenders rolled or your car shot? pm me for info! =]

do eet! use montanna paint! i used one in my room on the door almost 8 months ago and it still glows bright!

-Jorge-

Comment

Stupid question: How is it "charged"?
      1988 Toyota MR2 Supercharged
      Stance:Nation Feature | Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by kramerbuccs24 View Post
        Stupid question: How is it "charged"?
        light
        -Jorge-

Comment

-Ian

Photography flickr Facebook

Comment

lol you can also get a uv flashlight to charge em and make em extra bright at night lmao.
            i have that poltergeist montana spray also. but not for teh wheels. hehhh

Comment

Originally posted by OMG TSX View Post
              lol you can also get a uv flashlight to charge em and make em extra bright at night lmao.
              i have that poltergeist montana spray also. but not for teh wheels. hehhh

i have tons of fatcaps and crap in my room from highschool
              -Jorge-

Comment

do they sell that paint at retail stores?
                cuz i was planning on buying the krylon glowz spray paint...
                Flickr

Comment

me too....i did lots of "murals" in high skool .....but those are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....do they have a clear coat version? like in stead of it being white, does anybody know?

1990 325is- current project
                  1986 325e- Parts Donator
                  2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
                  1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

The problem with glow in the dark wheels is that by the time it gets dark enough to look good, you're going to lose your charge.
                    my name is andy.

Comment

how many hrs would a good charge last?....cuz i am a sneaker designer and i use glow in the dark paint but the paint charges from any type of light it comez in contact with, sun light, light bulbs etc.....

1986 325e- Parts Donator

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

Originally posted by BMWerke View Post
                        me too....i did lots of "murals" in high skool .....but those are sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....do they have a clear coat version? like in stead of it being white, does anybody know?
                        i think most of the glow in the dark sprays are a clear overlay...
                        not too sure.

Originally posted by fiziks View Post
                        The problem with glow in the dark wheels is that by the time it gets dark enough to look good, you're going to lose your charge.
                        yeaaaaaaa.... owell i wouldnt want them contantly glowing anyway.
                        ahah
                        Flickr

Comment

do it!! i guess you can just keep a light in your car and at night before a drive just charge them up. I think they will look good. some one needs to paint their wheels florescent yellow so when you hit them with headlights those bad boys light up

Comment

how long do u need to shine a light on them?

1986 325e- Parts Donator

Comment

i would assume only a couple minutes on each wheel?

Comment

Working...
                              X