Auto or Manual Trans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto or Manual Trans?

Didn't really know where to ask this but, what do you guys prefer in your DD's or in general Automatic or Manual transmission?

I'm kind of torn between them both, I like auto for just cruising and if the car is super slammed I'm not going to track it or anything so I don't really need a manual trans. But performance wise I prefer a manual.

My DD's are always autos. Driving a clutch in traffic gets old real fast...

Comment

Exactly!

Comment

I prefer manual in everything I own.

Comment

I specifically looked for an automatic when I was looking for my Touring. It's going to be my DD, with the height I'm aiming for handling will be compromised anyways, so I just want it to be able to do some relaxed cruising.

Nowadays, after I've gotten used to it, I gotta say, I would not really want another manual DD again. Manual is very fun and has it's place - in a fun car, imo. Something to tackle the corners with, something smallish and quick.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

i think its harder to be careful for potholes and bumps when you drive manual. so stance + auto is optimal imo.

Comment

i have an audi tt 6 speed manual as a DD. i **** it in traffic, but it is fun otherwise. im torn as well. Once i sell it, which is hopefully soon, i am getting an 04 S4 which will probably be a 6 speed manual too so i guess i dont mind it that much. Auto is easier, but can be quite boring if used for anything else other then driving in traffic.

My Z is slammed and also manual trans. Hard to be slammed, stanced, and manual trans in NY, but there is no other way to do it right.
              Last edited by 1badg35; 12-12-2009, 09:35 AM.
              sigpic
              1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
              1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by OMG TSX View Post
                i think its harder to be careful for potholes and bumps when you drive manual. so stance + auto is optimal imo.
                Explain?

Comment

mm slowing down to like... less than 10 mph for a turn while being conscious of the curb/trying not to rub tire

Comment

I'm still confused as to why you find that hard. Not like it takes being Einstein to be able to downshift and turn at the same time without hitting something.

Comment

im just saying thats theres more stuff you gotta be conscious of if you're driving manual + stance lol. w.e

Comment

Manual all the way . I just like having that much more control over my car. You get used to the traffic.

Comment

Dunno, I've been thinking about getting a 4 door jetta and slamming it, so no reason to really be manual 'cause I'm just going to DD and nothing else, I'm too poor for racing anyways lol

Comment

My car is dd and I would have gotten dsg but I instead bought huffs and votex. Ive gotten used to manual now though.
                            JordanDonnelly.com | Flickr | KLUTCH | Twitter | Facebook | v2lab

Comment

My e36 is a auto. Its my dd to get to and from college and my winter stance project (got coilovers for christmas and finishing my style19s this month woohoo). I do like automatic when driving in heavy traffic, but miss the feel of the 3rd pedal. Its a love/**** relationship.

-Dan

Comment

Working...
                              X