Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 84 RX-7 in Ontario

Hey all

I'm Chris, I live in Southwestern Ontario, Canada. London to be exact. In the middle between Detroit and Toronto( I know a lot of people were wondering, "Where?"). I'm a 26 year old trucker. In my free time I work on my car, get my ass handed to me in BF3 and take kickboxing/muay thai to keep in shape. Enough about me.

Just thought I'd throw my hat in the ring since it seems I'm going to end up with a mixed performance/stanced 7. I've already got most of the performance stuff out of the way with a rebuilt/ported 13B engine with full exhaust and a modified factory Nikki 4bbl carb, ignition, full suspension consisting of coilovers, adjustable shocks, sway bars, poly bushings everywhere and a rack and pinion steering conversion kit. Currently installing a big brake kit which necessitates changing to 5 lug wheels. You can see just about everything here if your bored and want to read a build and or look at pics. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/232206...da-rx-7/page-1.

So I picked up a set of 16x7.5/16x8.5 +14 5x114.3 BBS RS for a Christmas present for myself and am in the middle of refurbishing them. They were pretty rough when I got them. Two were heavily curbed so I had my friend at RE-Speed weld the big chunks for me. The lips also have tons of oxidation. I've got the centers at the sandblasters, and have finished polishing two of the four lips. TONS of work but they look great compared to how they looked when they got here. Working on ordering new bolts, valve stems and whatnot. Also still going crazy trying to figure out paint. Been really leaning towards red centers. Might do white center nuts to make it a Canadian themed wheel. Who knows.

Anywho after I got the wheels I've spent lots of time google imaging other cars with RS's, mostly E30's, E28's, Golfs and Jetta's. They look good on damn near anything and in any colour. Fell totally in love with the completely slammed look most of the cars have. While I won't be dragging the frame, or modifying the suspension so I can, I do plan to get it as low as I can. I tried with the last set of wheels but the fitment wasn't quite right and the tires were too wide. Those tires I'm going to save for autocrossing, so I'll pull a bit of stretch for these wheels and get her as low as she'll go. I'll have a fender roll and corner balance done and hopefully spend the year just enjoying.

Have a look at some pics and tell me what you think.
    Attached Files

Looking forward to seeing it on with BBSes

Welcome to StanceWorks

Main Page - Facebook - Flickr - Instagram - Twitter
    Originally posted by Oxer
    You know who Jason is? Anyone here read the Bible or know most of the stories etc? Who's the guy that stands at the gate and decides if you get into heaven or not? That's Jason. He processes everyone in the intro threads and welcomes them.
    Originally posted by Average_Jerk
    Also you relinquish all of your rights by posting in RT. You can be banned at any time for no reason at all.

Comment

Right on, Love FB's.
      God bless this mess

Comment

Looks really good. Welcome.

Comment

Working...
        X