Opinions on the Ground Control adjustable coil over kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on the Ground Control adjustable coil over kit

Has anyone used a set of these on their whip?
    I'm thinking I'm going to pick a set up, allows a 3" drop, just enough for me.
    sigpic

The GC's are so easy to adjust ride height. A few of my buddies have them.. No complaints

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy_Danglez View Post
      The GC's are so easy to adjust ride height. A few of my buddies have them.. No complaints
      Yeah that's one of the reasons they caught my attention, can slam it in the summer and in the winter i can raise it back to the stock height... do you know of any major modifications you would have to do to the stock struts or no?

Cheers
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SovietChodly View Post
        Yeah that's one of the reasons they caught my attention, can slam it in the summer and in the winter i can raise it back to the stock height... do you know of any major modifications you would have to do to the stock struts or no?

Cheers
        I'm actually not sure.. I would upgrade struts though.. Just so you're no doing the same job twice haha, do it righ the first time I suppose.. I believe my friends DC2 is on Koni yellow struts.. Very stiff ride, he autoX's it.. 10k spring rates up front and 12k in back. Not 100% sure on that.

What are you putting them on?

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy_Danglez View Post
          I'm actually not sure.. I would upgrade struts though.. Just so you're no doing the same job twice haha, do it righ the first time I suppose.. I believe my friends DC2 is on Koni yellow struts.. Very stiff ride, he autoX's it.. 10k spring rates up front and 12k in back. Not 100% sure on that.

What are you putting them on?
          Was gonna see if I could re-use my stock struts. Stancing on a 1500 budget you see!
          sigpic

Comment

Was gonna see if I could re-use my stock struts. Stancing on a 1500 budget you see!
            it'll ride like a bag of ass. save your money and do it right the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno730 View Post
              Form > Function.

sigpic

Comment

i have ground control kit on my e36 m3. they drop more then enough for you

Comment

You can get gc's in any size / spring and rates you want... they only ride like ass if your car has crappy struts... this isnt a website for people who bitch about ride quality, this forum is for the men of this world who like fitment and ripping there cars apart on the roadways of america and other nations...... So man up or go back to www.ridequalityforwomen.com
                  HoodRatStatus
                  Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
                    You can get gc's in any size / spring and rates you want... they only ride like ass if your car has crappy struts... this isnt a website for people who bitch about ride quality, this forum is for the men of this world who like fitment and ripping there cars apart on the roadways of america and other nations...... So man up or go back to www.ridequalityforwomen.com
                    Words can not describe the amount of true beauty within this mans wise understanding of stance.

+>9000Up
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Masonbarnard View Post
                      i have ground control kit on my e36 m3. they drop more then enough for you
                      Curious, do you just cut the perch and slide the threaded sleeve on the strut resting it on the welds of the perch?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post

OP said he was keeping stock shocks/struts.

I had GC's in my E36 prior to the AST/Stanceworks Zero Clearance kit. I loved the GCs.

Just saying on stock shocks/struts it will ride like ass, not saying it can't look good, etc...

Comment

OP said he was keeping stock shocks/struts.

I had GC's in my E36 prior to the AST/Stanceworks Zero Clearance kit. I loved the GCs.

Just saying on stock shocks/struts it will ride like ass, not saying it can't look good, etc...
                          considering i got the car for 1.5k, never intended it to ride like a Rolls Royce to begin with
                          sigpic

Comment

considering i got the car for 1.5k, never intended it to ride like a Rolls Royce to begin with
                            LOL do work then son. have fun with it

Comment

Working...
                            X