Help adjusting D2 Height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help adjusting D2 Height

Hi, new to the forums here. A quit bit about me.

I own a Chrysler Conquest, its currently sitting on D2s. I bought 1" spacers and need to roll my fender to get them to fit. My current fender roller needs a drop in suspension so I can fit it. Coilovers dont drop when you jack up the car so I need to extend them. Problem is, my height adjustment nut is stuck. It wont turn either direction, I believe it to be debris. I already stripped two coil over wrenches trying to break them loose, I tried the hammer and chisel approach, I tried PBBlaster, heat. I'm out of ideas.

At this point I can extend the coilover but cant lock in the height. With the amount of trouble I went I would rather get that nut loose cause I need to raise my rear end a tad bit.

What else can I try?

Here is the coil over

update;
    I finally got a friend to help me hold them and break them loose. Got that nut to spin with a new set of wrenches. score.
    Last edited by Killtodie; 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM.

What is the best lube and or grease to use on the threads so they dont seize up again?
    Lithium grease
    Synth grease
    or anti seize

Also, the wrenches I used I had to give back, I previously bought some from Jeggs but they did not fit. What kind of wrenches can I buy?

Comment

Originally posted by Killtodie View Post
      What is the best lube and or grease to use on the threads so they dont seize up again?
      Lithium grease
      Synth grease
      or anti seize

Also, the wrenches I used I had to give back, I previously bought some from Jeggs but they did not fit. What kind of wrenches can I buy?
      I used Anti-sieze. I've heard of trans fluid working well to help to lube them and take them apart.

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

Working...
      X