best coils for a Jetta 3 vr6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best coils for a Jetta 3 vr6

Hi Guys wondering if you can help me, i own a 1995 vw jetta 3 vr6 and i want to put col overs on it for better stance and handling \.. Any one got a good name brand and a how to guid to setting up the build.
    just lower your car and enjoy it..

don't know the difference between jetta and golf, never owned a jetta..

but AP gewindefahrwerke work excellent on mk3 vr6
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

I think they can run the same setup .. thanks will have a look at them

Comment

i had them on my tdi :-)

but they came off a vr6

edit

said vr6 (so u can c how low they go, this is without bumpstops, but he had some thread left)

Last edited by P78; 02-16-2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Are you on a specific budget? H&R ultra lows are great but on the more expensive side, whereas racelands go low, but are cheap. Depends what you want.

Comment

not the biggest budget in the worl to run i was looking at koni how they... and how about JOMS

Comment

We offer a Mk3 coilover.

Racelands and JOMS are definitely a case of you get what you pay for. Sure they go low. But they also have terrible ride quality, and while at first they may seem like a good idea. I assure you that after about a month you will regret the choice, and wish you had saved up for a bit and gotten better coilovers. Speaking from experience here.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

then ap is what u are looking for man

over here they are in the 500€ region

drove them for 2 years on my tdi

ride is a lil hard but style > function

and stay away from those ebay coilovers like jom, rokkor and raceland

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  We offer a Mk3 coilover.

Racelands and JOMS are definitely a case of you get what you pay for. Sure they go low. But they also have terrible ride quality, and while at first they may seem like a good idea. I assure you that after about a month you will regret the choice, and wish you had saved up for a bit and gotten better coilovers. Speaking from experience here.
                  I ran around for 8 months and 38,000 miles in a 82 Rabbit with racelands on it. They are really not as bad as most people say. Plus for 400 bucks...

Comment

Check out CXracing.

599 shipped, and ive heard nothing but good things about them.

Comment

racelands dont even go that low on mk3's....
                      HoodRatStatus
                      Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Originally posted by Knox View Post
                        I ran around for 8 months and 38,000 miles in a 82 Rabbit with racelands on it. They are really not as bad as most people say. Plus for 400 bucks...
                        I've ran racelands, and I completely disagree. The ride is bouncy as all hell, you really do get what you pay for, and you get crappy coilovers. For 400 bucks you could save for another month, and get quality coilovers that won't make your teeth chatter, and have actual R&D behind them.
                        Originally posted by FittedDownLow View Post
                        racelands dont even go that low on mk3's....
                        This.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          I've ran racelands, and I completely disagree. The ride is bouncy as all hell, you really do get what you pay for, and you get crappy coilovers. For 400 bucks you could save for another month, and get quality coilovers that won't make your teeth chatter, and have actual R&D behind them.

This.
                          even the "ultra lows" without helpers wouldnt go as low as a set of teins basics with everything in them at that..... the only car ive ever seen them be ok on was fabels miata... and thats laid out so it doesnt matter anyways haha
                          HoodRatStatus
                          Instagram @looneylow

Comment

Heard abd things about joms, in south africa 1000pounds gets me koni fully adjustable hight and dampering so i think i will go for quality over cheap stuff ill regret....

Comment

Originally posted by Knox View Post
                              My racelands are fine ride pretty smooth and I'm deff pretty low. On an e36 anyways

Comment

Working...
                              X