How to modify H&R Coilovers for the LOW lifestyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to modify H&R Coilovers for the LOW lifestyle

As I am sure many of you know the H&R coilover setup out of the box sits like a 4x4 even "slammed".

I am wondering if anyone here has modified there H&Rs and could help me get low with this setup. I will be on 17x8.5 et13s and most likely a 215/40/17 tire.

Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks guys!

just because you said those specs i bet you have a e36.

You can remove the helper spring and cut the bump stop in half, and see if you could gain some low and suspension travel. tho there is a good chance you will be bottoming out the shock.
    you could also gain some low by swapping out the top mounts, like getting vorslag ones, you will gain about a inch or so. Best bet would be swapping them out with another set like the broadways that are for sale on the forum here.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
      just because you said those specs i bet you have a e36.

You can remove the helper spring and cut the bump stop in half, and see if you could gain some low and suspension travel. tho there is a good chance you will be bottoming out the shock.
      you could also gain some low by swapping out the top mounts, like getting vorslag ones, you will gain about a inch or so. Best bet would be swapping them out with another set like the broadways that are for sale on the forum here.
      Thanks for the advice. I am a little confused about what you mean by "helper spring" sounds like a easy thing to do.
      Any idea in the drop that will give?

Comment

took a further look at them. the H&R setup for E36s dont have spring helpers. they are a progressive spring.

anyone have other suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by zeeth2800 View Post
          took a further look at them. the H&R setup for E36s dont have spring helpers. they are a progressive spring.

anyone have other suggestions?
          get shorter/stiffer springs. or invest in a new set of coilovers
          CUSCO USA // BRIDE JAPAN

Comment

Originally posted by yoshioka90 View Post
            get shorter/stiffer springs. or invest in a new set of coilovers
            anybody know the width of spring or recommend a rate?

Spring length (8in, 10in)
            Spring width (2.5in, 60mm etc)
            Spring rate (400lbs 500lbs)

would be GREATLY appreciated!

Comment

Who owns this car???

Speedhunters is an international collective of photographers, writers & drivers with a shared passion for uncovering the world's most exciting car culture stories.

they mention it is a member of SW.
              Really interested in seeing what he did to his H&Rs.
              Thanks fellas!

Comment

That would be SeanDub.
                StatusRacing.com
                Configure YOUR Seat Here
                Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                Email: sales@statusracing.com
                Fan us on Facebook

Comment

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...m-the-bay.aspx

Thanks fellas!
                  AHHAHAH thats my best friend Sean car, he swapped out his springs and messed with the adjuster out back.

He would tell you himself to not do that and just sell your current set up and pick up something you dont have to fight just to get moderately low.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Some guy on the w204 forums took out the spindles dropped him some
                    C-Class (W204) - W204's and offsets of wheels - I think one central thread would be good to have everyone post a pic of their car and the offsets they are running. I know I like the look of a more flush offset (lower) and on my previous car I ran a extremely low offset (17 front and 35 rear) to poke the wheels. I am...

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                      AHHAHAH thats my best friend Sean car, he swapped out his springs and messed with the adjuster out back.

He would tell you himself to not do that and just sell your current set up and pick up something you dont have to fight just to get moderately low.
                      thanks man!
                      I would love to do that but I am working with limited funds. Of course I would love a set of broadway coils but you know how it goes...

Maybe I will try swapping springs for now and adding some plates! Thanks for your help!

Comment

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009...m-the-bay.aspx

Thanks fellas!
                        yea thats a buddy of mine sean, hes here on stanceworks and bimmerforums. i would suggest messaging him to find out what he did. i know he didnt run that set up for too long tho, didnt ride very nicely, and if i remember correctly he gave it away to another local guy when he picked up his ast zero clearance coilovers.

Comment

thanks man!
                          I would love to do that but I am working with limited funds. Of course I would love a set of broadway coils but you know how it goes...

Maybe I will try swapping springs for now and adding some plates! Thanks for your help!
                          i certainly know how it is

you can pick up coilover springs from H&R for about 80 bucks a spring, do you happen to know the length of your current spring? you dont want to get some insanely stiff and short springs because they will blow the shock in a hurry. i can give you a basic suggestion if you know the specs

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
                            i certainly know how it is

you can pick up coilover springs from H&R for about 80 bucks a spring, do you happen to know the length of your current spring? you dont want to get some insanely stiff and short springs because they will blow the shock in a hurry. i can give you a basic suggestion if you know the specs
                            Hey man here are the stock spring dimensions (that I found on the internet)
                            free length: 8"
                            inner diameter: 60mm (approx 2.4")
                            spring rates f/r: 340/380

^^^ Amazed the spring rates are so soft

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Comment

Hey man here are the stock spring dimensions (that I found on the internet)
                              free length: 8"
                              inner diameter: 60mm (approx 2.4")
                              spring rates f/r: 340/380

^^^ Amazed the spring rates are so soft

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
                              wow, 8" springs are HUGE

i would go with a 6" spring with 400/450 if it was me to get the car to around my taste but even then, i would expect the shocks to be blown in a month. u=you could probabky get away with 450/500 rates if you dont mind a little bounce.

if you use a 7" spring i wouldnt worry about blowing shocks at all. i can get you some Fortune Auto 7" springs for relatively cheap or you can get some H&Rs or hypercoil for a about 80 bucks a spring.

Comment

Working...
                              X