Spirits project -e36 323 loon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spirits project -e36 323 loon

Hello everyone ive been a member for a bit but due to ill health ive not had time to really do much and also since last time i posted ive sold my old e36 328 coupe and now have a e36 323 i se saloon so please excuse some unfinished jobs and its all of course work in progress with a very limited budget due to being off work for quite a while and also this is my daily runner and work car also.

Anyway here goes with pics of my old one

put my heart and soul rebuilding that car but the rear arches were a real let down and needed a full respray to make a great car and then out of the blue got an offer i couldnt refuse on it after it was featured in pbmw readers cars and drove round in a remapped ford mondeo st24 for a few months but even the wife and kids knew i wanted another bmw especially a saloon as my mate has a real nice modded one and so the missus said heres some money and go shopping but within budget only and not a penny more.

as luck had it i heard of a well known london forum car up for grabs that needed work but over 6 k of total bills and full bmw service history and some styling that not everyone approves of but it was straight and only one front drivers wing that had any sort of rust beginning to show and thought right im having this one and a deal was made.

the following is very pic heavy so hope you understand ive already done quite a bit on her

the car when i picket it up

some more pics through the transformation

And now the fun bits start so 18 button obc fitted
    new stereo install consistinf alpine speakers all round
    2000w sub box and 2000w monoblock amp plus new jvc stereo
    full 328 exhaust fitted and modded backbox to reduce silencing

oh and of course being stanceworks i decided i really should lower it quite a bit so rear is dropped all the way-adjuster still in

front is dropped to max drop but adjuster still in as i live near the mother of all speedhumps and mot is fast approaching and being my daily i have to be smart about it

my coilovers are ta technix

unfortunately due to being short of cash at the moment tyres are 235/45/17 and 205/45/17 but i have brand new 215/4/17s for the rear in my garage and just saving for 205/40/17s for the front but no rubbing at all on m3 wheels and et41 offset

and at a recent meet me and my mate karl together

as you may have already noticed i have also some staggered rc041/42s im redoing but instead of going polished lips and painted centres im going all white instead to be different and i like being different and dont follow the rules regardless of scene or fashion and have my own saying

be a leader,not a follower

quick photoshop to give you an idea

sorry its a bit pic heavy but ive done loads now but i know it wont win any shows and needs work and yes i will paint the boot and bonnet further down the line(it was like that when i got it)but i love it and will just enjoy doing it regardless of how little money i have nowadays ha ha ha

Andy
    Last edited by Spirit; 04-16-2013, 01:29 PM.

some recent pictures of the loon

Comment

Wow that's a lot of kinda the same pictures haha.

Surprise us with your new wheels

Comment

hopefully next two weeks if my sprayer ever gets his act together.

not really into arty shots anyway so no pro shots for me.

judging on some on here though ive got quite a bit to go that extra mile to stand out

Comment

paint the hood, think grey coreners wood look better.. your getting there..

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
            paint the hood, think grey coreners wood look better.. your getting there..
            going for smoked indicators soon even though i am a amber fan.

thing is if i painted the bonnet and boot silver again it would just look like every other saloon again and i like being different.

carbon bonnet,boot,roof might be next of full vinyl wrap in white but all money dependant

Comment

some recent photos with the new tyres fitted

205/40/17s front and 215/40/17s rear

had to raise the fronts for a while due to the uk mot rules but now dropped again

bbs rims ready in the next two days but no real other progress as ive been ill but hopefully on the mend and ready to start work on the loon again

Last edited by Spirit; 04-16-2013, 01:30 PM.

Comment

hello mate and welcome nice car
                Have look my slammed bmw e36

Comment

hello mathew and yes its me ya silly sod

Andy

Comment

Dont know if anyone seems interested seeing as ive had so few comments but ive fitted the new wheels today but just need to lower the fronts again after problems getting on the ramps at mot time-it passed second time round

Andy

sorry the car isnt clean as i took the pictures 5 minutes after fitting the wheels as people on other forums im on were itching to see them

Last edited by Spirit; 03-04-2012, 02:28 AM.

Comment

The wheels and stance looks legit!
                      sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Looking good, although I kinda digged the momo steering wheel and sticker theme that it had going on previously

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

hello mathew and yes its me ya silly sod

Comment

Thanks guys and yes the stickered momo steering wheel was cool but didnt fit in with the theme i wanted now.
                            just waiting on a delivery of better shocks to tighten the handling and then lower it again but not all the way down as my sump is taking a real battering and rails and my local roads are bad but sill get a nice stance.
                            fitted some 8k hids the other day.

Comment

Nice E36! Something different for a change

Comment

Working...
                              X