Stupid question of the day... cut springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid question of the day... cut springs

If I cut the springs on my E34 and weld the cut springs to the shock and the perch, would that help at all in the suspension travel?
    Always learning something new....

Cutting the spring will decrease your suspension travel. I don't know what you are trying to achieve by welding the spring to the perch.

Comment

huh?

Dont butcher your car just to be "Stanced". Coilovers for E34's are pretty cheap....aftermarket springs are even cheaper.

"Live poor" for a month...you'd be surprised how much money u can save by not stopping for coffee, McDonalds,pizzas,smoking,drinking or whatever you're into.....even wasting fuel going out for a few weeks.

We all have "things" in life that we can cut back on for a month
      *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
      // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

Listen to her ^^

I think he's trying to keep the spring captive. Will it work? Yes. Is it a dumb idea? Yes. Is it legal? Probably not

Comment

Originally posted by DriftGirl View Post
          huh?

"Live poor" for a month...you'd be surprised how much money u can save by not stopping for coffee, McDonalds,pizzas,smoking,drinking or whatever you're into.....even wasting fuel going out for a few weeks.

We all have "things" in life that we can cut back on for a month
          ^truth!

save up for a month and look 4x4 or cut your springs and regret it everyday?

sounds like an easy choice to me

Comment

yea i just spent 1600 on coils, now im sitting in my room with no gas to put in my car, no cigs, no beer, and no food, but im losing weight, being healthy, going green and i got coils on the way haha
            HoodRatStatus
            Instagram @looneylow

Comment

ahh cutting your springs is fine especially if its just temporary and there should be no welding necessary. over a period of time though your struts will blow though.

i cut the springs on my 97' m3 for a few months or so till i could afford some nice suspension, i fear being normal height/slightly lowered... gotta be slammed! pointless to spend your money on cheap suspension if youre trying to buy nice suspension, it will just set you further back!

Comment

I like to think about it like this...

i went around school for only 40 minutes, asking random people for a dollar... i ended up with $26 dollars... If you really have nothing to do lol... go someplace where you dont care about what you look like, and politely ask for money... Hell, i even told the truth that i was saving up to buy __________ seemed to work well

Comment

Working...
                X