Coilover building

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coilover building

Hi guys, i have a peugeot 306 and i have a coilover building question for you. I know a lot of you are combining coilover kits with different springs, my question is how do i work out what length spring and what spring rate i need?

the reason im doing this is that the coilovers i have are some cheap ebay ones like so

my current set have already collapsed. at the lowest setting the spring sits coilbound and the shock is obviously bottoming out. yes they are cheap but i cant justify spending £600 on an old peugeot.

so what id like to do is cut and inch off the top of the shock piston, rethread for the top mount nut, (essentially shortening the shock piston to stop bottoming out) then replace the main and helper spring assembling with a single, shorter, stiffer spring.
    unfortunately i cant give any info on the coilovers as it seems impossible to find out current spring rates and shock info etc as theres no stickers or stamps.

im sure theres someone on here that knows how this is done and help me take the trial and error out of this little project.

thanks, Rob
Working...
X