E36 M3 coilover options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E36 M3 coilover options

Hey everyone. I'd like some opinions/input on what brand coilovers to buy for my 96 M3. Here's the short story. So after waiting for almost 6 months to receive my B&G coilovers, i've decided enough is enough and cancelled the order. Apparently, B&G will sell their coilovers through their retailers but will not produce them unless they have enough orders. Well, no one told me this when I ordered them 6 months ago, so needless to say, I'm a little pissed right now. Anyway, I'm getting my money back and looking into other options. I want to go super low and still have a decent ride. I've narrowed my search down to either new FK Konigsports or a used set of Ground Control Street/School coilovers. I'm looking to spend no more than $1300 and have seen both for about this price. What would be the best option for a street car and still go very low? I've heard both ride well while being very low. The Ground Controls don't seem to have the same amount of height adjustability as the FK's do though. Do the GC's go very low? I would love to get my hands on a set of Stanceworks coils but that seems impossible! Any input/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

For just above your budget, you could get the Broadway Static coils (look for the thread on here) which are the best thing on the market for the E36 as far as low.

I can also recommend BC Racing ($1000), as I have them and absolutely love them.
    025garage

Comment

I heated my springs up with a blow torch and let them sag
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

The general style discussion forum, as well as a place to post your car, or any car for that matter.

Lowest coilover available on the market. If you missed out on the Zero Clearance, don't make the same mistake twice!

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Originally posted by Jesus Christ View Post
          http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=25844

Lowest coilover available on the market. If you missed out on the Zero Clearance, don't make the same mistake twice!
          Do the shocks have 30 way dampening adjustability? How much for a set without the camber plates?

Comment

Originally posted by WickkedM3 View Post
            Do the shocks have 30 way dampening adjustability? How much for a set without the camber plates?
            yes sir they are, but that's just the tip of the iceberg

Price without plates is almost the same as with them since they were designed to be specific to Fortune Auto coilovers. You would get much more money back selling your plates and using ours than the other way around.

plus our plates have more adjustability than the more popular aftermarket camber plates.

they are limited so be sure to reserve a set today!

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
              For just above your budget, you could get the Broadway Static coils (look for the thread on here) which are the best thing on the market for the E36 as far as low.

I can also recommend BC Racing ($1000), as I have them and absolutely love them.
              Is that your car in the sig? Can the BC's go super low? I may look into those some more.

Comment

Originally posted by WickkedM3 View Post
                Is that your car in the sig? Can the BC's go super low? I may look into those some more.
                Yes. My frame rails are 1.25" from ground and they can go another .5" lower.
                025garage

Comment

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                  Yes. My frame rails are 1.25" from ground and they can go another .5" lower.
                  Thanks for your input. I think I might go with the BC's. They're in my price range and have all the options I want. Any spring rate you'd recommend (i think they allow you to choose).

Comment

Might as well save a buck or 2 and buy ksport, d2, xyz, black label or black worx or any coilover that looks like the previously mentioned.

They are manufactured by BC just at less of a markup, with different colors and same warranty.

Comment

Honestly dude your best option is Broadway's...custom setup and for the price you just can't beat it.
                      I dislike Byron.

Comment

look up the company stance coilovers. I run stance on my 94 rx7 and love them.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Comment

Stance actually makes a really good coilover but the smallest spring they utilize is 135mm the last time I called which is ok but you will have trouble getting super low out back. Like you have to run straight spring with no adjuster and still barely tuck the whole tire if that on a 17" wheel. those spring sizes SLAM other cars but not the e36 or older.

If I didn't run Broadway I would run stance, no question.

Comment

I'm curious, do these work on E36/8 (coupes) as well?
                            If not hopefully its in the works.

Comment

Working...
                            X