Exaust clamp for coilover platform?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exaust clamp for coilover platform?

Would an exhaust clamp of the right size for my shock be strong enough for the coilover sleeve to sit on as a mount?

my friend did this with his truck except he used a cut up hockey puck, it ended up erroding quick. im no expert but i wouldnt rig anything together, unless you couldnt find a proper mount for it. of course its up to you though =D

Comment

In short, probably for a little. Should you do it? Absolutely fucking not

Comment

Well there's only an inch and a half before it would catch the mount and stop. It was going to be at the very bottom of the shock right before the thick weld around the bottom. Reason I was asking is because I'm kinda afraid to weld on my shock and iv seen clamps for shocks but can't seem to find them and I kno you can crank down exhaust clamps hard.

Comment

this was the type i was referring too. my plan is to get rid of the u-bolt and use regular bolts instead and have 2 clamp pieces.

Comment

Should you drain your brake fluid and then go for a drive? Probably not, but you could.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...t=15339&page=2 about mid way down the page shows the proper clamp used.

Comment

Working...
              X