Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A build thread from Effin' Euro (mostly e21 content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A build thread from Effin' Euro (mostly e21 content)

This thread will be 90% e21 content, with a little bit of updates on my daily beater.

A little background info...
    I was in the market fr an e30, when i stumbled across this e21, in fairly decent condition. After seeing what the neek had done, and a few select others, i decided to pull the trigger. it wasn't running when i got it, and was told it was just the fuel pump, although i didn't rely on that. After a new fuel pump, dist. cap and rotor, and fresh ngk plugs, it started up. I took it to get smogged not expecting much, and it actually passed emssions. It didn't pass another inspection because it needs to be timed, so i non-oped it so i could get some work done.

Here is how it looked when i got it:

Exterior:

meh, you know what they look like, so far i have removed the bumpers, and that's about it.

Interior:

So far i...
    sold the scheel seats (for more than twice what i paid for the car )
    stripped the nasty carpet, and shedding parcel shelf, fit the new interior.

I'll have pictures of the updates tomorrow.

www.effineuro.com

those plaid panels are ballinn

Flickr

Comment

The Plan:
      euro bumpers and delorean style exterior...as in polishing the bare metal, brushing it, then clear coating it.
      it will be bagged, grey tweed seats, with black headliner carpet, pillars, etc.
      moving headunit to glovebox, and fitting my rs'

www.effineuro.com

Comment

E21 up-facing headunits FTL

Makes me miss mine, paint the front kidneys black please!
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Delorean's weren't cleared, but I'm guessing you probably knew that. Anyhow, plans sound sick, car does look pretty badass, lol and that's sweet the seats paid for it haha.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteStripes View Post
            Delorean's weren't cleared, but I'm guessing you probably knew that. Anyhow, plans sound sick, car does look pretty badass, lol and that's sweet the seats paid for it haha.
            i actually didn't regardless, i want a little bit of shine and protection.
            thanks dude, and yeah, always a good thing when you get paid to take on a project car. it will still end up costing me a few bucksthough

Originally posted by schroedin View Post
            E21 up-facing headunits FTL

Makes me miss mine, paint the front kidneys black please!
            it's not so much the upwards facing since i don't listen to cd's anyways, i just **** how it looks.
            1. it just looks odd like that
            2. it ruins the retro interior theme i want.

and yeah, it needs new ones anyways, those are bent to hell. i will be making a trip to pnp soon.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Cant wait to see more of this... Bare metal ftw! (even if there is a coat of clear on there... )
              Originally posted by anth
              Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

Originally posted by Effin' Euro View Post
                it's not so much the upwards facing since i don't listen to cd's anyways, i just **** how it looks.
                1. it just looks odd like that
                2. it ruins the retro interior theme i want.
                Agreed, I always wanted to make up a custom center console cause of that.
                Originally posted by da3bous
                I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

Thats gonna make one sweet project good luck with it.
                  Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

I've got my eye on you

Let me know if you need any help sourcing parts or whatever. I have an old rubber bump strip from a front euro bumper that I need to sell. You might want to consider going bumperless in the front. It'll save some cash.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by schroedin View Post
                      Agreed, I always wanted to make up a custom center console cause of that.
                      yupp. i have a set of vdo oil temp/press. and volt guages i thought about putting in there, but i might put the gauges for my air in there instead, i'm unsure as of right now.

Originally posted by slimadi View Post
                      Thats gonna make one sweet project good luck with it.
                      thans!

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
                      I've got my eye on you

Let me know if you need any help sourcing parts or whatever. I have an old rubber bump strip from a front euro bumper that I need to sell. You might want to consider going bumperless in the front. It'll save some cash.

i'm going bumperless for a while. probably start saving for my euro bumpers as soon as air is installed. but i'll probably need help with my offsets and tires and such. math isn't my strong point

www.effineuro.com

Comment

DeLoreans werent cleared because they were stainless steel, so they wouldnt rust. E21s, not so much.

Me and a buddy did this to an e30 a while back, lemme find you the product that we were going to use.

WD40 and a handful of other things work in the meantime. Clearcoat may have adhesion problems.

Flickr

Comment

Very cool. Im sure you have seen mine, I love e21s!

There are different center consoles that dont have the upward facing stereo/AC unit that look much better. I have a few extra parts if you ever need any thing just PM me and I can see what I have

Comment

i have some updates and such....i'll try to get around to taking pictures and posting on saturday.

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            DeLoreans werent cleared because they were stainless steel, so they wouldnt rust. E21s, not so much.

Me and a buddy did this to an e30 a while back, lemme find you the product that we were going to use.

WD40 and a handful of other things work in the meantime. Clearcoat may have adhesion problems.
                            to the whole car? pictures and info NAO!

Originally posted by Steinke View Post
                            Very cool. Im sure you have seen mine, I love e21s!

There are different center consoles that dont have the upward facing stereo/AC unit that look much better. I have a few extra parts if you ever need any thing just PM me and I can see what I have

thanks. yes, i have. i want your fender flares. and after seeing your build i'm thinking of going bumperless and doing a similar "roll pan"-esque finished rear. hope you don't mind....

and yeah, i'm aware...they're exspensive though, and the console will be getting changed up to accomodat4e my air ride paraphenelia. and i'm deleting the ac. so all that shit will be unnesecary.

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Air ride hu?

Ya the "roll pan" look was not my idea. A local guy had the car before me and had done all the metal work so we can give Brent the credit for that one. But ya go for it I dont mind one bit. Then we will be two of the only e21s out there that i know of with the look.
                              Just dont go red hahaha

Comment

Working...
                              X