Muscle Car Stancing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muscle Car Stancing

As you folks can see im new. im new overall to the stance world but i am willing to take any advice to achive a nicely stanced ride while not sacrificing performance. Right here [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=al3Cq91IFLQ"]2008 Charger SRT8 GoPro Hero Footage [HD] - YouTube[/ame] is a little video i whipped up showing the overall car and its look. some things i am looking to add on include: BC racing Coilovers/ anyother reccomended ones, FactoryReproduction.com Viper wheels (the machined/black ones), and the normal performance add ons (CAI, Header-back Exhaust, etc.). i will take any advice but i like this stance right here:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIow6pNA6iU"]Stance & Fitment | Charger SRT8 - YouTube[/ame]
    thanks for all of your help!

Anyone have any good brands of coilovers for my type of car, been doin some research but cant really decide.

Comment

If you want Elvis low and good ride quality I would recommend BCR coilovers. YOu can get 4inches lower and still maintain 'like factory" ride feel. I say "like factory" because the SRT8 has a bit stiffer ride than the regular 5.7s and below and it's going to feel somewhere in between the 5.7 and 6.1 feel. Even with the dampening at full stiff, it's very livable.

Also, if you're looking for that look on your car, with the factory reps, you're going to need spacers. 25mm front and 30mm rear. You'll also need to roll your fenders. At those specs, you won't need a pull, but you might also want to cut the plastic fender liner unless you don't mind just burning it off.
      And where have you been researching? There's a whole crew of us over on LX forums .

A forum community dedicated to all LX owners and enthusiasts including Dodge Charger, Challenger, Magnum, Hellcat, SRT8, and Chrysler 300. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

A forum community dedicated to all LX owners and enthusiasts including Dodge Charger, Challenger, Magnum, Hellcat, SRT8, and Chrysler 300. Come join the discussion about performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!

Threw in a couple of links you might wanna eyeball. Also, if you swing on over there, look up AreTee (elvis's car pictured above), fnkycld, driftsucky, simansrt8, hemmisey...actually, that should get you thru. The last two guys are on bags, but between Me, Elvis, and Jus, you should be able to pick up quite a bit of info. Good luck.
      stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

thx for the info, ive checked out the bcr coils and ive looked at kw coils reccomended by a friend. ive decided not to do bags and stick with static. ill check out the fourms and gain somemore info. i was planning on gettin 20" wheels not 22's so ill factor that in. thx again for the help

Comment

HOLY CRAP, that srt8 is freaking amazing looking! Reproduce that with your own Charger, NOW. Those viper reps 22x10 with BC Coils is legit!
          11 CTS-V
          03 Lightnng SOLD
          2006 stage3 WRX SOLD
          91 MR2 Turbo SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by JasonB View Post
            HOLY CRAP, that srt8 is freaking amazing looking! Reproduce that with your own Charger, NOW. Those viper reps 22x10 with BC Coils is legit!
            exactly what i was thinking lol. he used bc coilovers, but im still looking twords the kw coilovers reccomendded by a friend. ill post my charger under projects when im about to start the process. isnt that a s3xy stance for an srt8??

Comment

2 things of note. Thing 1) KW will not get you as low, ride as well, or be as inexpensive (I know because I've used them). 2) If you go 20's you will, without a doubt, scrape EV RE WHURRR!!!! Your other option is super meaty dopy looking tires. I mean, are you going for the look of Elvis's Charger? I'm not saying copy his car exactly, but, in a nutshell, all the legwork has been done for you if you're trying to mimic a look similar. 20's vs 22's. KW vs BCR vs D2 (which fnkycld uses and will also work).

Are you looking to track your car or are you looking to dramatically improve the look without sacrificing performance? I ask because that will determine how much suspension you need to do. Coilovers are great for lowering, but if you want more, Pedders suspension components may be up your alley. Seeing as how you have an SRT8, you're already honestly sufficient in the "performance" arena. If you just want to get your car down without sacrificing its ability to go as fast as it goes, you got options. HOWEVER, if you want something like what we have, it's pretty cut and dry unless you just want to be different, i.e. do it the hard way.

If you want to go 20's to try to save weight, I'll save you the time and trouble and say it's negligible. However, it will cause some lowness issues on our chassis because the wheel wells are so large.

I guess what I'm trying to say is what you should do depends on what you want to do. And if what you want to do is get some eyeballs on this site and sites like it, then you can do it without sacrificing performance. AND, if you want to go the long way to do it, you can...but I wouldn't recommend it. lol.

Comment

The SRT-8 has plenty of power to move heavy rims. I serviced one that was traded in where I work, it wasn't lacking in the go fast department. The ride was pretty stiff though and the Brembos stop really fucking good.

Comment

im not really worried on the wheel size as far as wieght, i just want to be able to use it performance wise i.e. on a track without any problems. as for the coilovers i was stuck between kw and bcr and since i guess kw's dont go low enough than i guess ill try the bcr's. i know ill have to roll my fender, not sure about how much though for the 22's and some tires. i found H&R spacers for my car and i was going to stick with those unless anyone has any other suggestions. overall i want a mix of performance and looks, even if it means not being completely flush like elvis's is, yet if performance isnt compromised with elvis's srt8 setup, than i am fine with it. thank-you for all the info

Comment

Get track wheels if you want to track your car. Or get a car worth making track ready as these bricks are lacking in quite a bit. Not that they CAN'T perform, but if you're serious about having fun at a track, these heavy, unaerodynamic over powered pigs are not the optimal choice. They're fun as hell, don't get me wrong. But, track car? MEH. And when you're that low, that's not track low. that's look good low. Your suspension is optimal when it's parallel to the ground. When you're this low, you are not parallel. Can you still go fast and turn hard? Yes. Is it the optimal for a track? Not at all. Can't have both. Figure which you want and go after that. And to that note, KW may be a better fit since you don't need to be low anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                      Get track wheels if you want to track your car. Or get a car worth making track ready as these bricks are lacking in quite a bit. Not that they CAN'T perform, but if you're serious about having fun at a track, these heavy, unaerodynamic over powered pigs are not the optimal choice. They're fun as hell, don't get me wrong. But, track car? MEH. And when you're that low, that's not track low. that's look good low. Your suspension is optimal when it's parallel to the ground. When you're this low, you are not parallel. Can you still go fast and turn hard? Yes. Is it the optimal for a track? Not at all. Can't have both. Figure which you want and go after that. And to that note, KW may be a better fit since you don't need to be low anymore.
                      yah ive thought about this for a while, i plan to go with bcr coilovers, 22x10 machined/black viper's, H&R 30mm (are those suggested or required?, because i was looking at 25mm all around) and 25mm spacers, my friend is helping me with fender rolls, and then that should be about it for form. i still plan on doing some simple bolt on performance enhancers (CAI, Header back SLP, and tunning), i think that should cover it? any more things you have to add?

edit: what tires (size and brand) do you recommend with these wheels and setup?
                      Last edited by TiiTO; 01-26-2012, 04:03 PM.

Comment

A lot of us have had great success with Nexxen. I ran those for a while and loved'em. I started with Nittos which only seemed to be more expensive. lol. I've heard Toyos do well but I've never run'em on my LX. I've run them on other cars but when you get up to 22's things change. So, Nittos if you ballin and Nexxens if you have a budget to consider.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
                          A lot of us have had great success with Nexxen. I ran those for a while and loved'em. I started with Nittos which only seemed to be more expensive. lol. I've heard Toyos do well but I've never run'em on my LX. I've run them on other cars but when you get up to 22's things change. So, Nittos if you ballin and Nexxens if you have a budget to consider.
                          so nexxens for now and nittos if i get a raise and/or wait lol. thx for all the help =)

Comment

I love me some toyo proxes tires! That's what I would suggest...Toyo Proxes 4 high performance all seasons since you do drive it in the winter. Other wise, proxes T1R for the summer (<--What I'm going to run in place of my proxes 4)

-Justin.
                            1987 Chrysler Conquest TSi

Comment

Lol I was browsing tires earlier and I saw the tr1's and thats what one of my main choices is. As for the winter when I leave it here when I'm at college, it wont be winter driven. As for the allterain u posted ill still check em out

Comment

Working...
                              X