Where to get camber shims/ bolts etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get camber shims/ bolts etc

So have a new set of wheels which don't fit. rear specs are 15x8 +0 which has bout a 30 - 40mm poke on the rear. Been searching numerous sites and companies and none apart from whiteline make of the shelf rear camber kits for the Honda Jazz. Needing minimum -3.

Does anyone know a good machinist in VIC who could knock up some camber plates/ washers or refer me to any independent sites that sell parts for rear cambering?

I run a beam suspension like more VW, sep shocks and springs.
    Be really helpful.

Its a hard one dude... More due to the fact that you would have to modify either the hub or the beam in order to bolt it up...
    Originally posted by anth
    Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

put some washers on the 2 bottoms bolts of the hubs so it sits out further than the top...?

Comment

if you have a beam and it rolls like a VW make sure you take in to account toe as well.
        should be able to do washers like lukey said.
        no one makes shims at all??
        Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
          Its a hard one dude... More due to the fact that you would have to modify either the hub or the beam in order to bolt it up...
          Originally posted by Lukey View Post
          put some washers on the 2 bottoms bolts of the hubs so it sits out further than the top...?
          Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
          if you have a beam and it rolls like a VW make sure you take in to account toe as well.
          should be able to do washers like lukey said.
          no one makes shims at all??
          in either case oxer i would have to disassemble the rear drum to get to the hub to install the washer or shim i presume so in saying that im happy with doing the work. my major issue is getting pieces made up. do you know anyone?

i did have that idea luckey but in putting washers dont i have to shave/file them off or get some to machine it to get the correct camber? or can i just insert washers to achieve this? need at least -3 - -4 camber

im pretty sure i run the same set up as a vdub dylan. stu said it was the same. no one makes off the shelf shim for the jazz. found shims for mk1 - mk3 vdubs and bb toyotas but im not sure if they will work. havent found anyone of yet that could make some for me

Comment

You will probably need to pull a hub off and take it down to a machine shop to show them what you want.. If you can work out the size of the shim you need to achieve the camber it would make it easier... might need to trace a template of the beam aswell where the hub bolts to.. Washers might work... but im not sure it would go that far..

Comment

iv got some spare 1deg shims for my rear beam if you want to look at them?
              as Oxer said, pattern of the bolts would be a must.
              I thought you could get generic ones that come as a flat disk and require you to pop out sections to suit the bolt pattern...?
              Sarcasm is easily calculated on vortex dude. Take 4 parts GLI lip and divide by BBS RS. If you are left with a remainder, subtract it from omgmoarlow. Profit.

Comment

buy a toyota, get up to neg 5 degrees stock.

Comment

You will probably need to pull a hub off and take it down to a machine shop to show them what you want.. If you can work out the size of the shim you need to achieve the camber it would make it easier... might need to trace a template of the beam aswell where the hub bolts to.. Washers might work... but im not sure it would go that far..
                  thanks man. sounds like a hell of alot of work from some simple metal disks. Ill give a call round to a couple of shops first and see what they say. you have any you could recommend?

Originally posted by dylan8 View Post
                  iv got some spare 1deg shims for my rear beam if you want to look at them?
                  as Oxer said, pattern of the bolts would be a must.
                  I thought you could get generic ones that come as a flat disk and require you to pop out sections to suit the bolt pattern...?
                  yeah thatll b sick. they 4x100? thought you could but havent been able to find any that or im not looking in the right places

Comment

Originally posted by shinny View Post
                    thanks man. sounds like a hell of alot of work from some simple metal disks. Ill give a call round to a couple of shops first and see what they say. you have any you could recommend?

yeah thatll b sick. they 4x100? thought you could but havent been able to find any that or im not looking in the right places
                    I know of places, I dont know places...

The bolt patern for the hub to the beam isnt the stud pattern....

Comment

The bolt patern for the hub to the beam isnt the stud pattern....
                      This.
                      im 5x100 but my beam pattern is different.
                      ill bring them down on the w.e any ways. at least it'll give you a idea

Comment

http://www.spcalignment.com/componen...m&to=AsiAustTo
                        This is what i was picturing... not sure if correct or not... I looked up a honda city too? no mention of jazz under AUS and Honda, so not sure if they have a different name over seas (like my bora is called a jetta)

Comment

thanks guys. yeah those yellow shims were wat i was picturing as well but could source any related to hondas. guess not many ppl need them as most tuned honda models have camber kits and so forth for.

managed to find a guy at trutrak suspension whose gunna do them for me. price no idea but least i b of the correct camber. hopefully ill learn a thing or 2 as well. ill keep ppl posted on how it all goes if it goes.

Comment

Working...
                          X