Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Still looking for wheels for next summer... need your opinions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still looking for wheels for next summer... need your opinions.

As winter sets in, the internet browsing for wheels begins once again.

Now, this though crossed my mind earlier today, I want your opinions.

I was thinking about these: BMW Style 95's.

They come in 19x9 (F) and 19x10 (R). ET24.

19's too big for an E24? I know I would need spacers (around 20mm). For some reason, the image of these on my car that I'm picturing looks pretty damn good, but then again I have a pretty active imagination. I can see them looking crappy, too.

What do you think? Too big? Too VIP for this style of car? Too ghetto looking?

Here is a pic of the car with 16's on it for reference:

I think the wheels might look to updated to pull of the look you are probably going for. But would definately look HUGGGEEE.. Im an old school BMW guy so I enjoy how your car looks now actually. I would kill for a clean E24.

Comment

not my style. Way too much. The main issue with new wheels on an older style car is that they dont match in any way. The 6 is a very edgy classic type of car, so an intricate 17" or 18" is needed to match the style. those wheels you posted are way too smooth, LARGE, and modern for that car

If it were my 6 i would get a set of 18" RS or old school HRE in as large as they come, as the intricate spokes compliment the car well. i know they have been done, but they work. Color and bolt choice can be experimented with. or find a wheel that has a classic look with some more intricate detailing. Oh and stepped lips are a really good thing on the 6
      sigpic
      1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
      1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Would look badass. Do it.
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I would love some deep-ass stepped lip BBS or HREs, but think that will be way out of my budget. Yeah they have been done time and time again, but there's a reason.... it always looks good. Lately I've been trying to think of something outside of the box, since my budget is fairly low. I know, you got to pay to play, but I'm just seeing whats out there.

Comment

that's the best way to do it IMO. Worked well for me
            Ben Purkiss Design
            My Design Blog

Comment

Man... found these pics today. Looks like they might be too much (well, on these Nissans, anyway.)

Last edited by Zack01GC; 12-04-2009, 06:58 PM.

Comment

You may not like my suggestion, but this is an idea for when I buy a 6er.

18x8 OEM Benz wheels (with adaptors obviously), and use flat caps rather than the 3 stars. Would look good with a healthy drop.

[

Comment

My buddy has those on his bagged B5 A4. I don't really like them (for an E24, they look fine on his car). The offsets are way too high, as well IIRC. I want something concave/dished.

Comment

What about the new e60 m5 rims or e60 550i rims...they have a nice shape and i have seen them pretty cheap on ebay...i think in 18's
                    Last edited by BMWerke; 12-05-2009, 12:49 AM.

1990 325is- current project
                    1986 325e- Parts Donator
                    2000 e46 w/ BBS #197-Totaled!!!
                    1989 Turbo/intercooled 740 Volvo-Donated

"Once you buy a BMW you will notice that over the years you will slowly become a certified mechanic, your trunk will be filled with coolant, rags and ATF fluid but your life will feel complete". - Me

Comment

I'm not really feeling the E60 M5 wheels, I'll have to check into the 550i wheels... If the offsets are around 20, they could still probably work. Just have to see what they look like. Haha

Comment

Go with OZ turbos or hartge Badass rims
                        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
                        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I'd love to... but cost is a large factor here.

I might just go with my original plan. M-Roadstars (rears) all around...

Comment

the M roadsters might be interesting.
                            If cost is a factor, try to piece together a set of BBS RS. might end up being cheaper, and you can stagger them to fit the car well. i see a lot of sets lately going for 7-800 since it is winter and everybody is selling everything. most need to be refurbished, but it could be a fun winter project. I am working on a set right now for next summer for my project rat E9.

post a budget so we get a better idea of what you are looking to spend. maybe we can find better matches in the budget.
                            sigpic
                            1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
                            1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Right now, the budget is Zero. I'm in school, and not working.

Next summer, I would like to spend $1000 or less (preferably less.)

Comment

Working...
                              X