best shocks and coilovers for low e28

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best shocks and coilovers for low e28

Sorry for posting this twice but I think this section is a better place to post this.Anyways im tired of having cut springs and blown shocks on my e28. What would be the best brand of shocks to run if the car will be low? And since I want to go lower than normal lowering springs usually drop your car I wanted to get some adjustable coilovers. Which would you recommend? Basically what would be the best combination and cost friendly. Much appreciated

Comment

ya I know I have that option. I guess I was wondering if I could mix and match a setup that would cost less. Any Ideas? Perhaps different shocks with GC springs and coil sleeves?

Comment

Check my build thread- http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=22326

I built a mix and match setup using VW Koni's, e28 Bilstein rears and perches/sleeves from A-1 racing . It has a ton of travel, goes really low and uses shocks that weren't made in Taiwan. The car is in progress but here is a picture

It still has a ton of travel in this pic and plenty of room to go down. The tires were hitting the inner fenders though

Comment

Hmm I like that. Im interested. How's the ride though? Another thing that Ive been thinking about is if I get something going like that where its low and still has alot of travel, will it bottom out all the time? Cause Im guessing the ride is alot softer when you have lots of travel and im just worried that over bumps and stuff its be soft and the wheel will just comeup and smack the inner wheel well. Do you have this issue with your e34?

Comment

oh and another thing, how high can it go up to aswell? I want to have that option too to have it sorta normal height if I ever needed to. Thanks

Comment

I'm talking about shock travel, 3" is obviously overkill, I just wanted to make sure I had enough shock travel to not bottom out the shocks over heavy bumps and whatnot... The car still has 500 lb springs so its not going to be smacking the fender wells all over the place, but you could run whatever rate springs you wanted, they're just normal 2.5" diameter GC springs. I had Nex's on my old car and this definitely rides better than they did.

Comment

So I read your build thread and I decided that its awesome and I will be doing the same. So you just bought front and back springs from GC? What lenghts and what springs rates on front and back? Also you said that you used Corrado g60 koni shocks on the front? What did you use on the rear? Im guessing blisten cause you said the sleeves only fit on them for the rears, right? Did you have to do any modifications to the rear struts? Or just slide down the sleeve, weld it, and then just put the spring in? Sorry for all the question but I just want to do my suspension right this time. Awesome info on the thread, I think its exactly what a needed and Im guessing even though you did this for the e34 an e28 would use all the same components.

Comment

And since I want to go lower than normal lowering springs usually drop your car I wanted to get some adjustable coilovers. Which would you recommend? Basically what would be the best combination and cost friendly. Much appreciated

Comment

Working...
                  X