custom coilover question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• custom coilover question.

what are the best brand in terms of price and performance for custom coilovers?

It might help if we had any sort of an idea about what car you're talking about, as well as what you mean by "custom" coilovers.
    StatusRacing.com
    Configure YOUR Seat Here
    Tel: 1.480.265.8600
    Email: sales@statusracing.com
    Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Hey guys, I have a 6'er that I'm trying to put on coils and I could use some advice on what kind of a set up to go with, I'm not looking to spend too much and I would like to do most of the work of building them.
      Any help?

Comment

Best thing to do is to build one yourself with mixed and matched parts which is basically about as custom as it would get. Its what Im going to be doing for my e28 which has the same components as an e24. It will be cheaper than buying a set from GC or Nex and from what I hear its even better

Comment

That's what I was planning on doing. I thought about some hd bilstein shocks, a1 racing shock sleeves and I don't know what to do in terms of springs or adjusting the current suspension set up to be able to put them up.
          Can you tell me what your set up is specifically?

Comment

Obviously not for a bimmer but this might lead you in the right direction-

Comment

ha I actually dont really have a setup right now. Its just cut springs and blown shocks
              But I've gathered enough info now to know exactly what to do. First just tell me how low you want to go?

Comment

I wouldn't say a mix and match setup is better than Ground Control, the one I put together is basically a cheap representation of the GC setup on a budget. The biggest thing is you're going to have to buy some sort of shorter than stock strut insert for the front, then cut down the strut housings and weld on your perch/sleeve. I bought VW Corrado Konis from NAmotorsport, you can also use e30 325ix or Audi 90 inserts. The rear is easy, buy some bilsteins, buy a sleeve for a 1 7/8" body shock, install sleeve/perches/springs and you're done

Comment

Any recommendations on strut inserts and springs?
                  I also have kyb shocks in the back thanks to the PO, any chance I could make those work? hahahaha

Epic signature btw!

Comment

lol thanks! I used Koni's, but they weren't cheap. I wanted to try Bilsteins but they are pretty hard to find as inserts for a Corrado, they mostly come as complete struts, the adjustability of the Koni's is a plus as well. I wouldn't run KYB's, no way they'll be able to keep up with a spring rate much higher than stock. I'm running 6" length, 2.5" diameter GC/eibach springs.. 525 front/440 rear

Comment

Working...
                    X