BMW e21, Coilovers help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW e21, Coilovers help.

So, as the title is saying. Need help in locating some coilovers for the e21. Its an euro 323i.
    And im having some trouble finding a set for them, if anyone could post me a link it would be greatly apriciated.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

GC has a kit, http://www.ground-control-store.com/...hp/II=17/CA=68

Comment

Yeah, ive checked that, thanks for the effort.
      But AFAIK the 323i has bigger struts then the american 320i.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Well at least I learned something new today, good luck with the hunt for more low .

Comment

Login to Leda. The industry leading supply chain management platform, providing real time control and end-to-end visibilty.

Also, the GC kit should fit your 323i. There are folks out here that have done it. Tell them you have a 323i and they'll get you the right stuff. Welding is required as I recall. Especially if you want to get anything resembling stance.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

Originally posted by TheNeek View Post
            what do they run? couldnt find cost there.

Comment

Originally posted by audi666 View Post
              what do they run? couldnt find cost there.

Price list used to have it on there. It's close to 4k. You'll have to contact them.
              Last edited by TheNeek; 12-04-2009, 08:44 AM.

Mr. Belvedere

I want to buy your single 4x100 Ronal Racing center

Comment

just make your own. find some alloy or steel threaded sleeves (Koni, ground control, etc)with the right id (50mm/2" if its the same as my 323i) and slot them on your struts with the spring platform, locking collar, and top spring perch, then run some aftermarket 2.5" id race springs (such as Eibach). for massive stance (ie. loooowww) you can put E30 shocks in the front and cut down the shock bodies so that you still have decent travel.
                for the rear, get some coilover units (something like a Koni 2812 or any QA1 unit. theres lots of brands to chose from) to the right size (measure the extended length required on your car) and make some top brackets that bolt to the chassis (rather than the standard style top mounts with the three bolts). then just drill out the bottom mount to whatever size the bearing is on the coilover unit (normally half inch) and bolt it up with some spacers to stop it moving around.
                and walla, you're stanced!

ps. if you're not in a rush, ill be doing all this to my car over the next month so will have pics and details when im done.
                sigpic
                Midmounted Mazda Minitruck video build thread - www.youtube.com/pimppalacecustoms
                Build pics and randomness - www.facebook.com/pimppalacecustoms
                Long term project 340i (Lexus V8 powered e21) http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...highlight=340i

Comment

i know the tunershop has KW's for the E30. maybe they can get a set for an E21?? i believe they are brittish or something. anyhow, i bet KW makes them for the cars over there.

Canon, Fuji, Mamiya, Minolta + Pentax.

Comment

Originally posted by 340i View Post
                    just make your own. find some alloy or steel threaded sleeves (Koni, ground control, etc)with the right id (50mm/2" if its the same as my 323i) and slot them on your struts with the spring platform, locking collar, and top spring perch, then run some aftermarket 2.5" id race springs (such as Eibach). for massive stance (ie. loooowww) you can put E30 shocks in the front and cut down the shock bodies so that you still have decent travel.
                    for the rear, get some coilover units (something like a Koni 2812 or any QA1 unit. theres lots of brands to chose from) to the right size (measure the extended length required on your car) and make some top brackets that bolt to the chassis (rather than the standard style top mounts with the three bolts). then just drill out the bottom mount to whatever size the bearing is on the coilover unit (normally half inch) and bolt it up with some spacers to stop it moving around.
                    and walla, you're stanced!

ps. if you're not in a rush, ill be doing all this to my car over the next month so will have pics and details when im done.

Hi! hope to see some pics planning in making one ..need for reference... thanks alot

Comment

If you don't plan on making them yourself, you could also get them from GAZ, I got them through raceperformancemodified.com
                      They go really really low, with my current wheels I could put the car on the ground if I wanted to.
                      Price will be under $1k total I think...

Comment

Originally posted by DDM View Post
                        If you don't plan on making them yourself, you could also get them from GAZ, I got them through raceperformancemodified.com
                        They go really really low, with my current wheels I could put the car on the ground if I wanted to.
                        Price will be under $1k total I think...
                        Any website i can go to or referece pics?

Comment

Originally posted by crf1877 View Post
                          Any website i can go to or referece pics?
                          Raceperformancemodified.com, talk to Jimmy or Jenny.
                          For pics of mine, see one of the threads I created.
                          I'm not by far all the way down though.

Comment

Working...
                          X