Focus advice needed! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focus advice needed! :)

So I didnt want to put this in the Off-Topic area since it's more of a suspension and wheel question; but I recently got an offer to buy my friend's 2004 Ford Focus for $3000. It's currently on a 2.1/2" drop with H&R coils and kinda rides like crap (Read: bouncy). The basis of the suspension is nice (control blade rears) and I've found a decent looking coil-over kit from Raceland UK on ebay for it that will do up to a 3.5/3.3" drop.

Should I go for it? Does the Focus have any decent lowering potential? I'm not trying to be hellaflush but pretty low would do. Also: the car has a 4x108 bolt pattern. What the shit is this? I cant find any decent wheels as far as low BS wide steelies go.

(PS the car only has 60K miles, and has been taken care of extremely well. Sadly it's a 2.0 SPI but I'm getting it for the platform and mileage, not to race. If I do buy it, an entire 2005 front end swap is going to be done to remove the ugly front end [ugly IMO] )

If any Focus owners could chime in I would greatly appreciate it.
    | 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

This is the current state of the Focus in question... its got a little low, and some camber going on. It would need at least -1.5" more to make me happy... also that whole front end/hood would be changed - though the Mustang lip molded on is nice.

| 92 Corolla AE92 | HKS SMF, Testpipe, Hyperco/Tokico/GC | Houston, TX | 86Garage |

Comment

Swap h&r for raceland?

Lol

Comment

His shocks must be bad then, because the H&R springs (just springs, they arent coilovers) ride like epic shit. The car hits a bump and almost bottoms out then springs in the air roughly.

Comment

Yea that's a shock issue

Comment

Well damn. These are (to my knowledge) the lowest springs you can buy for this car, and I want it lower.

Comment

You're welcome.
              BECAUSE BROKE STATUS

Comment

Originally posted by rexxdoggy View Post
                On it already. All I'm seeing are coilovers, coilovers, coilovers.

Comment

Originally posted by kaidotech View Post
                  On it already. All I'm seeing are coilovers, coilovers, coilovers.
                  If your question is how do I get low, the answer is, "coilovers coilovers coilovers."

Springs do not and will not slam a car.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
                    If your question is how do I get low, the answer is, "coilovers coilovers coilovers."

Springs do not and will not slam a car.
                    This exactly.
                    BECAUSE BROKE STATUS

Comment

H&R Cup Kit for $840ish, yay or nay?

Still debating if the car is a worthy platform, but I just found this so I'm pretty sold:

Comment

coilovers, end of!

My Focus : http://i212.photobucket.com/albums/c...h/IMG_1366.jpg

Comment

Someone stole your headlights!

Comment

BECAUSE BROKE STATUS

Comment

I've had a mk2, and a mk3, and now have a secret hankering for a mk1 RS!

Stanced focusses look awesome.

91' TT - Mines ECU, Blitz SBC@1bar, ARC WMIC, 2.5" decat, 2.5" ProFlow Exhaust, HSD's, ls400's, JapanRacing JR12's. SoarerUnion.com

Comment

Working...
                              X