Stance experts / gurus....help/advice needed please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stance experts / gurus....help/advice needed please

I posted this in the general section but think it may be better suited in this section.....

Hey guys I'm looking for some answers and advice regarding the stance of my car.
    I have a 2005 Audi A4 3.2 s-line Quattro avant. I am running coilovers with genuine Audi le mans alloys which are 8.5x19 et43 with 235/35 vredestein ultrac sessanta's, I also have replaced the rear wheel hub carriers for b7 rs4 ones as I run b7 rs4 brakes front and rear. I have my ride height set at 24.2" from ground to fender and I am experiencing some rubbing at the rear on the wheel well liner.
    My question .... Does the Quattro have a wider track than the 2wd? I have a friend with a 2wd saloon who has the exact same wheels but he is running air and his wheels do not rub at all ?
    I have the camber adjustment bolts on the rear set to maximum negative camber also but still rubbing. I have heard of guys running very wide wheels with very low offsets and not experiencing rubbing just wondered what I am doing wrong ?? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and would stop me pulling my hair out bit by bit !! I have attached a few pics, sorry the only close ups I have on laptop are with fish eye lens

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by otterolly View Post
    I posted this in the general section but think it may be better suited in this section.....

Hey guys I'm looking for some answers and advice regarding the stance of my car.
    I have a 2005 Audi A4 3.2 s-line Quattro avant. I am running coilovers with genuine Audi le mans alloys which are 8.5x19 et43 with 235/35 vredestein ultrac sessanta's, I also have replaced the rear wheel hub carriers for b7 rs4 ones as I run b7 rs4 brakes front and rear. I have my ride height set at 24.2" from ground to fender and I am experiencing some rubbing at the rear on the wheel well liner.
    My question .... Does the Quattro have a wider track than the 2wd? I have a friend with a 2wd saloon who has the exact same wheels but he is running air and his wheels do not rub at all ?
    I have the camber adjustment bolts on the rear set to maximum negative camber also but still rubbing. I have heard of guys running very wide wheels with very low offsets and not experiencing rubbing just wondered what I am doing wrong ?? Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated and would stop me pulling my hair out bit by bit !! I have attached a few pics, sorry the only close ups I have on laptop are with fish eye lens

Thanks in advance
    Hard to see on pictrues, but how much camber r u running in the rear? Sure that you maxed out the camber?

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
      Hard to see on pictrues, but how much camber r u running in the rear? Sure that you maxed out the camber?
      I dont know what the measurement of the camber is I dont have access to a camber gauge, when I adjusted the camber I span the bolt through 360 degrees to see which position gave the most negative camber then set both sides the same

Comment

Hi guys, im new on the scene, i recently bought a toyota yaris as an everyday ride, i want the car low with a wicked stance but the ride must aslo be comfortable, i also plan on forcing a toyota 16v engine in that tiny engine bay hehehe... i need help guys on what to buy, im from cape town so if here are any locals around that would also help.
        Also i have a set of 18 inch lenso speed six chillin at home but i think i wanna slap 16" wheels from the bbs stable or a yummy rep what do u guys think??

thanks
        Last edited by yaya786; 01-05-2012, 04:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X