Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daily low e46 - Bc racing

Hi !

I am looking to swap out my stock m suspension on my 320d to get lower.

I am thinking of going with the bc racing br series. This come with 7 kg / 8 kg springrates.

I use the car for daily driving and thinking of slamming it on 19" evo m3 wheels. What springrates would be preferd.

How much stiffer is this setup compared to my stock m-tech springs? Read in another thread that 9k/10k springrates is the way to go.

Originally posted by Dani View Post
    Hi !

I am looking to swap out my stock m suspension on my 320d to get lower.

I am thinking of going with the bc racing br series. This come with 7 kg / 8 kg springrates.

I use the car for daily driving and thinking of slamming it on 19" evo m3 wheels. What springrates would be preferd.

How much stiffer is this setup compared to my stock m-tech springs? Read in another thread that 9k/10k springrates is the way to go.
    If you're planning on slamming it, then I would say that 9/10k rates are too soft.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
      If you're planning on slamming it, then I would say that 9/10k rates are too soft.
      X2 I'd go with a higher spring rate & have them revalve the dampner..

Comment

What i understand is 9 kg/ 10 kg the maximum springrates for these coils.

So you think it would be to soft. As i posted i use the car daily and dont want it to be bone shattering of couse.

Then the springs that come as std is super soft? 7kg/8kg ?

Comment

So you think it would be to soft. As i posted i use the car daily and dont want it to be bone shattering of couse.

Maybe ill have to make my self more clear. Think iam using the word slammed wrong.. Im looking for a drop thats about as this picture.

Comment

I would highly advise to go with 14/16. Its actually VERY comfortable for dd.

Comment

I would highly advise to go with 14/16. Its actually VERY comfortable for dd.
              The ride with those rates would be awful with the valving of the BCs though.

OP 9k/10k should be fine for what you want, that's what I had when I had my BCs and the ride was awesome, and I never had an issue.

Picture of my car for reference.

- Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

9 kg in the front 10 kg in the rear. And it was also br series?

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  The ride with those rates would be awful with the valving of the BCs though.

OP 9k/10k should be fine for what you want, that's what I had when I had my BCs and the ride was awesome, and I never had an issue.

Picture of my car for reference.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6148/5948819247_aa28a34d57_b.jpg[/img]

I take it as you have personal experience riding in the car with those rates on BC coilovers?
                  Btw, I dont think ff valving is that much different.

Comment

9 kg in the front 10 kg in the rear. And it was also br series?
                    9/10 will be very comfortable. Just wont be able to put the car on the floor.

Comment

Iam looking for putting in like the green one , having it as a daily. If 9kg /10 kg soft then 7/8 would be very soft how is that possible ?

Comment

What other cooils , would be better if i want stiffer ride? In the same price? ksport, d2 ??

Comment

by ff do you mean function and form?

I have the function and form type 2's (similar to the BC's) they came with 8k/10k originally, but I swapped the og springs out for some shorter/stiffer ones. now i'm running 10k/11k. very comfortable even with the dampening close to full stiff in the front and full stiff in the back

Comment

I take it as you have personal experience riding in the car with those rates on BC coilovers?
                            Yeah. My E46 was on them.
                            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                              Yeah. My E46 was on them.
                              Your E46 was on 14/16?!

Comment

Working...
                              X