No announcement yet.

lowest i can go for the lowest price;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lowest i can go for the lowest price;)

well as you can see i am new to the site and wanted to get some information. well i have a 2000 civic Si, electron blue. basically stock, i got the car like it is, i have some buddy club p1s on it now and some 2" drop springs, but i plan on going a lot lower than this, what i wanted to know is some reasonable coil over setups and camber kits that can get me pretty low. ive saved up about $500 so far to put into suspension. i don't really know what to look for. lol, but hey that's why i came here. Haha thanks.

take out your springs? free. But seriously, I know nothing about hondas, sorry. goodluck!

Comment

I don't know a lot about your car specifically but check into XYZ coilovers. They aren't as well known but on a lot of applications you can get camber plates for front and rear where as almost all other companies only run them in the front. Until you jump into the real high end coilover market everything hovers around the 1k mark new

Comment

save your money and get a quality suspension.

Comment

try function & forms type one there like 500 or less depends
          Details

-Adjustable Ride Height
          -Dampening pre-set for optimal ride quality
          -Adjustable from lower mount, which allows user to retain full shock travel and pre-load adjustments.
          -Dual Tube shock design for maximum ride comfort and durability.
          -Steel construction of lower mounts for increased durability and minimal flex under load.

Spring Rates F: 10Kg R: 6kg
          WWW.FERCREATIONS.WORDPRESS.COM
          WEST COAST SOCIETY nuff said..
          SHOWSTOPPERSUSA.COM

]

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno730 View Post
            save your money and get a quality suspension.
            You have the top model of that car, and you want to throw the cheapest suspension available on it? Makes no sense at all.

I've built some pretty decent Civics, and always done it on a budget. I don't use credit cards. I pay cash, and save up my cash if I have to.

EDIT: Just read the rest of your post. If you've already got $500, just save up until you've got $1k. That's enough for a set of Ksport,or Megan coilovers and camber kits. If you can't do the install yourself, you'll need a few hundred for that too.
            Last edited by StatusRacing; 01-13-2012, 04:02 PM.
            StatusRacing.com
            Configure YOUR Seat Here
            Tel: 1.480.265.8600
            Email: sales@statusracing.com
            Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Could probably pick up a used set of decent coils for not too much.

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                You have the top model of that car, and you want to throw the cheapest suspension available on it? Makes no sense at all.

I've built some pretty decent Civics, and always done it on a budget. I don't use credit cards. I pay cash, and save up my cash if I have to.

EDIT: Just read the rest of your post. If you've already got $500, just save up until you've got $1k. That's enough for a set of D2 coilovers and camber kits. If you can't do the install yourself, you'll need a few hundred for that too.
                What said

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post

EDIT: Just read the rest of your post. If you've already got $500, just save up until you've got $1k. That's enough for a set of D2 coilovers and camber kits. If you can't do the install yourself, you'll need a few hundred for that too.
                  I have the D2's on my Volvo, I'd highly recommend them for the price. you're already over half the way there... continue saving and do it right the first time!

Follow Me On Instagram! @jvc8790 #jvcphotography

Comment

I agree with StatusRacing on this one, but I will bend his suggestions a bit.

No off-the-shelf coilovers that I know of go as low as, and ride as well as, a Koni shock/struck and Ground Control spring combo on a Honda. Period. Any of the Honda veterans here will back me up on this one.

Get a set of Koni Yellows for your specific application. Hell, even used, rebuilt Konis are a great option, and can be a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a new set.

Ground Control sleeves parked on the lowest perch of the Konis will get you where you want to be. And if by some chance you're actually bottoming out the strut [unlikely], you can buy or build extended top hats for the strut mounts to allow the strut shaft to come further into the car, allowing you to clear the internal bumpstop.

My little brother had a '99 Si, bought it on garbage eBay lowering springs and blown stock struts off an HX - that car has been through Function-Form Type-1s, Skunk2 Pro-Cs, and finally a Koni/GC combo, and the car was by far the lowest, with the most suspension travel, and best ride on that setup. The F2T1s are now on his dumped '91 RT4WD Civic wagon, and the Pro-Cs found their way onto his '91 CR-X Si track car.

I personally drove a '91 CR-X Si slammed on a Tokico/GC combo [I used Tokico Blues specifically for an EK-chassis with EK strut forks, as they were what I had laying around] and even for being a non-adjustable strut, they still performed flawlessly at the lowest settings. I did have custom extended top hats, though, but I was also on 13"s, and scraped the frame and exhaust EVERYWHERE. It was awesome.

Figured I'd drop my two-cents with first- and second-hand knowledge so you don't potentially waste your time and money getting frustrated about not being low enough.

In those pics, there was another 1" to be had up front, and just a hair short of 1-1/2" left in the back.
                    - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

koni yellow/ gc is probably a good bang for your buck, besides f&f type coils which are stiff.
                      you in wa? what part? in tacoma myself.

Comment

chopped springs and blown struts, or for the maximum lows just remove your springs

Comment

save your money and get either some d2's or bc racing coils. Just remember when it comes to cars, you get what you pay for literally. So keep saving and get something worth while. You'll be very happy. On a side note, i'm jelly of your car. i've always loved that gen si
                          $W∆G

Comment

Koni/GC, Funciton&Form, Racelands, Used Megans/Ksport/D2.

All reasonably priced.
                            [URL="http://bagriders.com/modlab/"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][B]BagRiders[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

Comment

Koni/GC will get you lowest on the EM1 chassis.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                              X