Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KW V3s Springs

Hey guys,

I have a quick question, I have KW V3s coils and my rear don't sit as low as the front. I removed the perch and it still sits pretty high....I know they are not really meant to go low in the rear, but I was wondering if anyone has any tricks that they might share.....Also would changing the springs help? or maybe cutting the springs?

Thanks in advace.

These are the coils and that's how the rear springs look.
    BTW I have a 04 VW R32.
    04 .:R32DBP jawn on CCWs with a HPA FT450 kit.

The rear springs are progressive, those types are not for cutting.
    I would try to contact hyercoils and get shorter springs, you just need to fill in a formula for the ID.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

I wonder if I can run different springs with the KW kit....? I was thinking maybe FK rear springs.

Comment

FK is designed based on KW. I would contact hypercoil
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Good stuff man, is it bad if I replaced the KW V3 springs with other type of springs tho? Just making sure before I really do this....

Comment

nvm, got my problem resolved.

Comment

Originally posted by xGmoneyx View Post
              nvm, got my problem resolved.
              i have the same problem with mine ... how did u solve it ? if u dont mind me asking
              Static:Society

*K04 on Board*

Comment

Originally posted by mksturbo View Post
                i have the same problem with mine ... how did u solve it ? if u dont mind me asking
                I'm just going to replace them with Koni springs, I was able to buy some rear springs for $60. I had a shop find out if it would be a problem replacing the springs and they said no...

Comment

I'm just going to replace them with Koni springs, I was able to buy some rear springs for $60. I had a shop find out if it would be a problem replacing the springs and they said no...
                  sweet and thanks
                  Static:Society

*K04 on Board*

Comment

I have a quick question, I have KW V3s coils and my rear don't sit as low as the front. I removed the perch and it still sits pretty high....I know they are not really meant to go low in the rear,

Comment

Originally posted by newcrystalseo View Post
                      I have a quick question, I have KW V3s coils and my rear don't sit as low as the front. I removed the perch and it still sits pretty high....I know they are not really meant to go low in the rear,
                      That's how they are, they are not meant to go real low in the rear, you would have to switch out the rear springs if you wanna go lower, just make sure the other springs sit on the perch and you are good to go.

Comment

That's how they are, they are not meant to go real low in the rear, you would have to switch out the rear springs if you wanna go lower, just make sure the other springs sit on the perch and you are good to go.
                        that's not true, improper springrates not matched to your shock valving can ruin your shocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                          that's not true, improper springrates not matched to your shock valving can ruin your shocks.
                          Well I was told as long as they sit on your perch your fine, and I had a shop make sure my Koni springs were good for it and they told me it's fine. I wonder if those f*ckers actually checked...

Comment

just because they fit and make you go lower doesn't mean the spring rates are the same. you will most likely be ok as i'm sure the rates are similar. try to locate a part # on them to figure out the spring rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                              just because they fit and make you go lower doesn't mean the spring rates are the same. you will most likely be ok as i'm sure the rates are similar. try to locate a part # on them to figure out the spring rate.
                              Good stuff! thank u sir.

Comment

Working...
                              X