Is air worth it on a beater/daily?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is air worth it on a beater/daily?

So I drive a 2000 Jetta TDI as a daily. The motor is a out of a 2004, so I'm hoping there is plenty of life left in it. As for the rest of the car, the paint is not so good, and I have constant problems with my brakes. Right now it's sitting on FK Streetlines and...

...I'm on my 4th oil pan.

My question is: Is air worth it for a car that's worth maybe $3,000?

Should I do it now, or stick it out in staticland until I get something nicer in a couple years?

Thanks everyone!

it's a tdi, it will run forever. if you like the car, bag it. if not, save the money for an upgrade. really no one's call but your own...

Comment

I kinda like the car, but I wont be able to afford what I want for an upgrade until I find a real job. Even then, I will continue to daily this car for a couple years... I have a couple grand saved, so I can pick up and airlift kit from ecs and be able to enjoy this car a little more than I do presently.

Comment

Will's woodgrain van is the biggest piece of shit (imo.. he loves it) but as a daily/ winter beater, the bags were a good idea since he wanted it to be low. You just have to remember that if you end up selling the Jetta, you can sell the struts and use the management for your next car, so it wouldn't be totally worthless. But again, it's really your decision.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

If the question is purely whether air is for DD's, then yes. If done correctly, you'll have very few issues and a great ride. Whether you install it on this ride, well that's your call...

Comment

How about a going with a setup and air management that you may be able to take out and reuse on another car in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Litneon View Post
              If the question is purely whether air is for DD's, then yes. If done correctly, you'll have very few issues and a great ride. Whether you install it on this ride, well that's your call...
              X2 Couldn't have said it better..

Comment

imho it makes more sense to bag a daily. I had my car slammed on coilovers for a year and got tired of it to the point i wanted to sell the car. Airride lets you drive your car low with the ability of raising it if need be

Comment

Are you using the hybrid oil pans?

Comment

i had air on my '84 jetta that i dailyed. loved it, so worth it. just take your time and do it the right way.
                    513 inc.

Comment

Pics of bagged 84?
                      Cactus Green B5 A4.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake_513 View Post
                        i had air on my '84 jetta that i dailyed. loved it, so worth it. just take your time and do it the right way.

sooo true... ive done the "retarded low on coils" on my mk4 gti...and honestly it got to the point where i didnt even want to drive it anymore...

thats why when i parted it out and bought my 81' caddy, i ordered air for it before i even bought the truck... i love being able to raise it up and be comfortable while driving yet still be able to drive as low as i want when i want,and still put it on the ground ...
                        sigpic-ben
                        ...fake splits for days...

Comment

Yes its worth to bag a daily car... you can drive with more people or load the trunk.The car becomes more practical!

Comment

Ya, gotta love the static dude saying "Sorry, noone in the backseat cause it'll rub".
                            Turned a 4 door into a 2 door with coilovers - haha. But they're the shit on the interwebz.
                            Air all day on any car.

Comment

I like the direction this thread is going lol

Comment

Working...
                              X