Air Lift Tapered Sleeve questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Lift Tapered Sleeve questions

Is it ok if the center portion of the bottom of the bag isn't supported? I have to cut off the spring-centering nipple and weld a plate under the spring perch, but after that nipple goes, there will be nothing touching the center portion of the lower bag fixture.

Is it ok if the bag wrinkles or folds over itself when all the way down, or should I make my brackets and set my shock bump stops so that it never comrpesses past 5 7/8" or so (when the bag starts touching the perch (or ground, in this case, while doing measurements...

Is it ok if the top of the bag is slightly askew? Due to the body frame width, the bag will have to be shifted in 1/4" to 1/2" in either direction for the air line nipple.

Thanks!

you're going to need to attach some sort of support underneath the bag. I cut out a circular piece to affix under it...which distributes the weight when I air out.

Comment

Originally posted by Mattphi View Post
      you're going to need to attach some sort of support underneath the bag. I cut out a circular piece to affix under it...which distributes the weight when I air out.
      I'm weighing between making my own riser brackets to go over the hump, or cutting the hump completely off (after welding a new plate underneath the bump with a hole already centered in it...

You just used a circle of something to fit around the bump then? Is it attached at all or just held down by the bag itself?

Comment

The bolt on the bottom if it isn't locked in against something the insert will just pull out
        We Fuck Shit Up

Shit box Sketch10 burnout truck.

Comment

Yeah, I'd weld a 1/4" plate to the bottom of the perch (with a bolt through it and the OEM hole to make sure it's centered) first -- and THEN cut the nipple off. Centered hole, no nipple.

Not quite sure how well that'd work with the stock spring clampy thing. Should be ok, not 100% certain though...

(BTW, nice mkv -- I miss mine sometimes, but the Volvo actually has enough seats for all my kiddos...)

Comment

Originally posted by CiDirkona View Post
            Is it ok if the bag wrinkles or folds over itself when all the way down?
            Nvm -- I called Will at BagRiders and he got me all squared away.
            Last edited by CiDirkona; 12-13-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X