E46 Rims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E46 Rims

right guys - got a 99 saloon currently at stock height (sorry) and std 7x17's running 205/50x17's.

coilovers are as good as ordered and found some sweet rims but i don't know how much work they will take to fit. I'm happy to have arches rolled but not i'm not pulling them out of shape.

new wheel specs are 9.5 x 18 et20 - Rota Torque Drift.

can this be done??

right - found a guy in UK who runs 9.5 x 18 et27 on a 245/35 tyre and its taken a year to stop it from rubbing. is this just to wide then? especially on the front?? lol

Comment

Ya, I would think a 245/35 would definitely be way too wide for a 9.5" rim.

Comment

245's are definitely too wide for 9.5inch rim, I currently have 225's on my 8.5's and they're too wide. Sticking 205's on it sometime soon, And I had 205's on my previous car on 9" rims. So don't be sticking 245's on it. And personally I really wouldn't be putting Rota's on an e36 either. They're Jap wheels. Don't suit e46's either. You need some dish
        sigpic
        BMW E46 330ci Clubsport > BBS LM's > Eibachs = FTW

Comment

I agree about the not putting Rotas on, but there's nothing wrong with concave wheels instead of dished wheels.

Comment

these in gunmetal on a black car.

thought it would work as csl-ish and getting sick of trying to find style 5's at sensible money. UK wheel market sucks for BMW unless you either have mega bucks or want reps.

other than this i'm open to options people if you can suggest somthing better.

Comment

Yea I understand what you mean, try living in Guernsey in the Channel Islands, it's even worse for me But luckily when I bought my car from the Mainland it came with the BBS, Happy Days.

How about: http://www.rimstyle.com/products/det...80512042421170

or these: http://www.rimstyle.com/products/det...85512040401170

or these: http://www.rimstyle.com/products/det...85512035351170

or these: http://www.rimstyle.com/products/det...1880805BLA1170

or these: http://www.rimstyle.com/products/det...80512035351170

Any of those take your fancy?
              sigpic

Comment

BBS CS = yuk.
                Beyern is about 7/10 but done to death
                keskin is a fake split = lets not even go there!!
                schmidt = plain offence to my eyes (sorry)
                tsw = halfords wheel. i'd rather run stock!! lol

plus rimstyle have screwed so may of my mates over wheels, slow as delivery etc i'd never touch them.

are your BBS LM's genuine??

Comment

Maybe an idea for a wheel that you not see very often?

I've had these on my CC (with adapters)..
                  5x120 (BMW bolt pattern) 8J and 9J 19Inch ET42 Darwin Racing..

Comment

Well I'm sorry I was no use, :P.

Just please don't put Rota's on it.

Yea my BBS are 100% Genuine. £3295 worth to be precise..... :|
                    sigpic

Comment

Yea my BBS are 100% Genuine. £3295 worth to be precise..... :|
                      little bit of sex wee!! love that choice mate - just can't fund the same sadly and refuse to buy LM reps.

jochem - nice choice but not 19's - i can't roll low and static on hoops that large.

rota's are still top of the list at the mo. sorry. really don't see the problem with putting jap wheels on a bm, anymore than putting bbs's on a honda.

Comment

I didn't pay that for them, don't worry, they were on the car when I bought it, luckily.

Jap slammed on dished wheels works. Here's my previous car. Yaris T-Sport running 9" Borbets!

But Jap wheels on Euro just seems wrong :/
                        sigpic

Comment

^^^need more pics of that yaris pronto!!
                          05 Scion xB
                          84 BMW 533i

Comment

maybe i'll start a new trend then!! lol.

or maybe the price will put me off. who knows - still waiting on a quote for the staggered setup.

Comment

Cool cool, well it is your car at the end of the day, do whatever mods make you happy, you shouldn't be listening to us anyway :P.

Beanzermin - I posted a build thread just for you.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X