240sx fitment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 240sx fitment Question

So a friend of mine is in need of help to stance his 95 LE 240sx. He just bought wheels that are 17x8f, 17x9r both with an et30. The fronts came with a 225/45 and the rears have 245/40.

Oh and I think he said regular offset of the car is et42.

Now will these sizes fit his car as is or would he need to run smaller tires. I think he should run 215/40 all around since those are safe sizes that usually always work but what are your opinions.

Thanks.

www.sogoodco.com

im pretty sure a lot of 240 guys run negative offset. dunno for sure though

Comment

Best way to check is to mount the rims up, with the tires on them if possible, and see what room you have where. Lower the car slowly if you think it will hit.

If he wants aggresive fitment then hes going to have to roll his fenders and space/stretch accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanDub View Post
        im pretty sure a lot of 240 guys run negative offset. dunno for sure though
        True statement.

i know on my S13 that an 8" wide wheel with an offset of 0 is pretty much alost flush. in other words I'd need spacers for poke.But unfortunately its on stokies. And i know that S14s have qiute a bit more room in the fenders. Hope this helps a little bit
        -Brandon-

Comment

its definitely gonna tuck the shit out of those, depending on what coilovers he has i'm not even sure those will clear the perches. 240 guys have a ton of options when setting their offset and such. Rolled fenders or pulled fenders, how much camber. I would check out the zilvia.net fitment thread, lots of great examples. Watch out, don't go in there asking questions because they will chew your ass, just look around and see what you'd like to achieve and try to do the same or similar.

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

just for reference

17x10 +7
            17x11+12

Comment

Love that S14 :drool:
              -Brandon-

Comment

to be flush with that setup i think youll prob have to run some spacers. my friend has 17x9.5 +17 and hes rocking 25mm up front and i think 5s in rear? maybe even 25mm in rear. not sure. but that puts his wheels at 17x9.5 -8.

this set up is also on a zenki like your friend has.

Comment

thanks for the great info guys. Im gonna have him test fit the wheels fit and ill eye up the fitment from there.

ill try and post pics too.

www.sogoodco.com

Comment

^^ you betta
                    -Brandon-

Comment

Originally posted by eurobeem View Post
                      thanks for the great info guys. Im gonna have him test fit the wheels fit and ill eye up the fitment from there.

ill try and post pics too.
                      truthfully i bet all that will need to be done is rolling the fenders. lol. even with those wide tires on there.

Comment

^^ i agree. i dont even thinkyou'll need to flare it at all just a good roll
                        -Brandon-

Comment

ya you'll just need a roll most likely. If hes going super low, make sure to move the harness in the drivers side front fender

Comment

Working...
                          X