W123 lowering questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• W123 lowering questions

ok, so i see the thread about coilovers on the W124 platform but i have no idea how similar it is to the W123, so im looking for anyone who has lowered a w123? i wanna get my 83 300d as low as possible and most of the people i have seen have just cut their coils which is ok by me if thats what i gotta do to get it low but no one ever mentions anything else they did such as shocks,etc( what i could find anyway) so im looking for anyone has experience putting one of these on the ground.. i would much rather hear from others who have already done it before i dive into it so i can get it right on the 2nd or 3rd try instead of the 10th HAHA anyway thanks for the help guys and if there is already a thread like this please point me in that direction!!!!

Coilovers don't work work on the W123, or for that matter the W124 either. To put the W124 on coils you need to strengthen the strut mounts, and use a secondary helper spring on the front.

To lower a W123 you are stuck with lowering springs (rare and expensive), cutting springs, or bagging it.

Most people just cut the stock springs.

As for the shocks, you will need bilstein heavy duty's. If you use anything else besides those, or super expensive adjustable koni's you will prematurely blow them out.
    1981 300TD 4 speed
    2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
    , on Flickr
    IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

Sorry for the bump, figured it would be better than creating a new thread. Anyone have any experience with these?

http://www.carperformanceuk.co.uk/su...ble-kit-89009/

Relatively inexpensive but I can't find much feedback for them across the various MB boards. Could end up being a pretty good solution if someone is willing to be the guinea pig

Comment

H&R makes lowing springs for the w123 in 30mm or 50mm drop. They just aren't sold over here really. You can order from the UK or possibly special order them here. The price works out to about $400 for the 50mm's shipping might hurt a bit though. Here is on site carrying them.

Comment

Working...
        X