Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18x9 what tire to stretch....

215/40?

Tyrestretch only has like two pictures and I'm unable to determine what tire it is.

Or would a 215/35 be better?

either would be fine.. it depends on the car so I don't know which would be best

Comment

2003 Passat W8 wagon. It's gonna be low.

Comment

Originally posted by bud's hanzo sword View Post
        2003 Passat W8 wagon. It's gonna be low.
        I cant help you but I love those cars.

Comment

I have a 215/40 on my 18x9's and its a pretty decent stretch. I guess it all depends on how much poke your gonna have.

Comment

I can put some pics up later tonight of a 18x9 w. 215 35 Falken 512s if you want.

Its a GOOD bit of stretch, but works well if you're low enough to pull it off

Comment

Yeah pics would be great. I have found a few out there on the internet with some creative searching (I wish people were better at labeling their images).

I'll post those later too, they are on my computer at home and I'm in class

Comment

Ya i'm not off work til 11 but i'll get some up ASAP, if you go into the "post your custom wheels" i might have already posted the stretch shots of my tires.

Either way check that and i'll get em up tonight

Comment

i reomend falken 512's - 215/40

decent stretch on a 9

Comment

Thanks for the pic, but it would be great if people can post some of tires that are still available.

Comment

Thanks for the pic, but it would be great if people can post some of tires that are still available.
                      512's are still available...

Discount Tire Direct is retiring, but check out our partners at Tire Rack! With tires and wheels for virtually every vehicle make and model, Tire Rack is your new source for the best prices and selection for online and mail-order purchases.

Comment

Originally posted by Rally View Post
                        512's are still available...

www.discounttiredirect.com
                        The 512 has been discontinued for over a year... are you sure they are in stock or does their website just say they are?

Onlinetires still says they have 155/55R14 Federal FD1s in stock but they haven't had any since March this year and last I heard from their salesperson on the phone is that Federal has discontinued them.

Comment

These are not my pics so credits to whoever took em.

This is supposedly a 215/40R18 Falken 912 on an 18x9. I dont have a problem buying these, but I want to see if there are (I know there are) other brands out there being stretched on an 18x9.

Comment

Nobody stretches on 9's? Or nobody takes pics of it?

Comment

The 512 has been discontinued for over a year... are you sure they are in stock or does their website just say they are?
                              The whole "discontinued" thing was a rumor. Falken is still producing them. It's just that they have an agreement now with discountire so that they can be the only distributor of the 512's. I've ordered two sets from them in the past year. They keep replenishing inventory.

Comment

Working...
                              X