1988 bmw m5 HELP!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 bmw m5 HELP!!!!!

Title says it all have a m5 and wont start had it running for a little but left it in a garage for about a year i think it has something to do with the fuel system any suggestions?

correction has something to do with fuel system.

Comment

Have you checked the obvious?

Battery? Old fuel?

Fuel could have gone off, try draining it and adding about a gallon and see what happens
      /O O==[][]==O O\
      --------------------------

Comment

Well, how do you know that it has to do with the fuel system?

Comment

Have you checked fuel pressure at the rail? What was your confirmation on it being directly related to fuel?

www.fluidmotorunion.com
          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by TheRev View Post
            Have you checked the obvious?

Battery? Old fuel?

Fuel could have gone off, try draining it and adding about a gallon and see what happens
            yes i have checked the obvious and such and new gas has been added, and a friend had diagnosed it with the computer plug in.

Comment

the car is toast.

just sell it to me
              -Instagram@jdjurhuus
              Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Your friend diagnosed it with computer plug-in but couldn't tell you what needed to be replaced?

Comment

with the ignition key in 1st position go to the right rear wheel you should be able to hear the fuel pump humming. you have to lay on the ground. if it's not humming try tapping it with the handle of a screw driver. if it still doesn't turn over and sounds like it's starving for gas, check the relays and fuses after tuning the power off. this is assuming you have compression and spark. was the m5 stored inside or out? water may have penetrated the windshield and shorting the ecu out. also join mye28.com this site is very informative with a plethera of info...but please use the search feature before you state your problem or else you'll get reemed lol. e28 owners have a hard time dealing with those who lack common sense. good luck and i hope you get her up and running.

Comment

Is there spark?

Comment

Working...
                    X