Need street suspension with track potential E36 M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need street suspension with track potential E36 M3

Things I desire out of a suitable setup...

1. Achieve very low stance
    2. Street comfort

I'm in the market for anything under $1500 new or used. I searched the forums and I find alot that the Staneworks ZCC is the best choice but unfortunately they are rare to come by.

I like to add that I'm pretty unaware of what riding in a low setup feels like both comfort and handling wise. I currently ride a stock blown out suspension, so I guess anything would be a night and day difference for me.

Another big thing.. here in San Diego, the roads are full of bumps and surprising potholes everywhere. My car 'blows up' with any little bump I hit.. will it be worse with coilovers installed?

Sorry for the ignorance but I need to start some where. Thanks..

I had a Ground Control setup in my E36 and thought it was great... then I got the AST/Stanceworks ZCC setup. Not only is my car lower, but it handles and rides better. Therefore, I highly recommend the ZCC kit. Nevertheless, I would definitely recommend Ground Control. KW also has good reputation but I'm not sure how that fits into your <$1500 budget.

With respect to how it will ride is subjective to each person. I've had girls in my car that say "this thing handles horrribbblyyyy" and that's because their opinion of a good handling car is a 1993 Oldsmobile that rides like a boat. Any enthusiast will know what a good handling car includes: stiff and firm with limited body roll.

There was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago asking about E36 coilovers where I posted a similar response regarding bumps and how the suspension reacts, including the difference between a bouncy ride vs. stiff and firm. I suggest you look for that thread.

Robby

Comment

Thanks Bruno.

I tried searching for that post you were talking about but after a 2 pages it requires too much patience on this end. I got a lot of research and parts searching over here. My hands are full with looking for good coilovers, wheels to match my custom paint job, audio upgrade, and the list goes on.

Off topic here

I'd like to mention to everyone out there that I discovered an easy way to find stuff for sale using the discussion search on google. Type in 'FS (for sale) blah blah' and you get a sh*t ton of results from forum discussion... I feel like I hit the jack pot.

Comment

i recently installed a set of BC coils on my e36. so far, i absolutely love them. they have a ton of features (dampening adjustment, camber plates, pillowball mounts, relocate sway w/ endlinks) and quality seems pretty good. full soft feels almost like stock and the stiffer settings are firm but not too harsh. custom spring rates are also available for no extra cost.

as far as track potential, i also wanted something trackable. i figure if the BC coils are good enough to win the XDC championship, they're good enough for me.
        025garage

Comment

Working...
        X