Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanna Go Low e46

Little intro..
    Ive been poking around the site and figured Id register to get some help with setting my car up to go low. I thought about posting these questions on a more specific BMW enthusiast site but figured they'd **** on me for wanting "Stance" (some believe its a disgrace to set up a BMW like this...?) Whatever. I believe its my car and I can do what I wish with it.. so they can **** all they want. I decided Id post up here because this crowd would likely be more willing to help me instead of ****... I'm totally a fan of all the builds on here, whether or not I'm a fan of the car specifically I appreciate all the talent that goes into these rides.

So here's the deal.. Ill be waiting until after the snow season to start my work. But Id like to get an idea of whats and involved and start putting together a parts list for my build.

As far as suspension, I know there is more to it than just coil-overs. Id like to obtain the negative camber that I believe truly sets apart a stance'd car from the simply lowered cars.

The negative camber is attained by the use of adjustable camber plates.. Correct?

Also I have some really decent 18" BBS wheels that Id like to use with this build if possible. Right now they are wrapped with 225/40ZR18 Michelin's. The tires will need to be replaced by build time anyways. What size tire will I need to achieve the stretch aspect? If that's even possible with these wheels. Not sure off the offset or other specific info of these wheels (Im not even sure what model they are).. Maybe someone can chime in that knows more.

This car is my DD for now. Also have an e36 that I plan on turbo'ing someday hopefully soon, that I will also stance.

If you have a stanced e46 coupe feel free to post up pics and please include suspension/wheel/tire info.

Your knowledge is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Anyways.. here's some pics of what my car looks like for now.
    Attached Files
    e46 Coupe-Daily Driver
    e36 Coupe-Project Sleeper- UROTrash

At least you know what camber plates do and have your own ideas. Check some of the cars on here, nearly everyone has there specs written in build/showroom threads. Good luck

Comment

Doesn't seem to be a ton of e46's around. Can someone maybe lead me to a list of builds? BTW I tried the search feature.
      e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

BC Racing Coilovers. For 1000 bucks can't be beat, ride is fantastic, they go low, they have camber plates up front too. Get them with 9k/10k rates, can't go wrong.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          they have camber plates up front too. Get them with 9k/10k rates, can't go wrong.
          Will I have to pick up camber plates for the rear then?

Also what does the rate refer to and how does it differ?
          e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

Rates = spring rates, 9k/10k is the max recommended rate for those coils, and you can order them from BC with those rates.

E46 rear doesn't use a camber plate, its an adjustable arm that will you have to buy separately.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Thanks for your help. Checked out their site. May go this route when the time is right (bookmarked for future reference)
              e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

Heat your springs
                I dislike Byron.

Comment

because thats the tried and true method of going low... in third world countries.
                  e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

you could also use z4 sport suspension shocks and z4 h&r lowering springs

this car uses that combination
                    [SIZE="1"]kool haus President l AAC Supplied

Comment

That looks nice for sure. But not low enough for my taste.
                      e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

Function and Form Type 2 coilovers. swapped out the front springs with 6" Tein springs and 4" hyperco springs in the back. spring rates are 10k in the front and 11k in the back

dsc_1271

Comment

Looks nice. Now were gettin' lower. Dig that color.
                          e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

here my car stance, its an m3 but heres the specs.

B&G Status Gruppe Coils
                            B&G Status Gruppe Camber Plates

she can go lower, but it NJ its hard to be that low with a daily.

Comment

Originally posted by RCSummers View Post
                              here my car stance, its an m3 but heres the specs.

B&G Status Gruppe Coils
                              B&G Status Gruppe Camber Plates

she can go lower, but it NJ its hard to be that low with a daily.

What size tires on what size rims? Looks to be just about the perfect amount of stretch on those tires.. Not overdone but just right. Also dig the roof rack!
                              e46 Coupe-Daily Driver

Comment

Working...
                              X