PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 5x120.65 -> 5x120 Adapters

Ollie
09-14-2011, 12:52 PM
I am looking for adapters for these LMs that came off a Corvette for my e36. Not too picky on size, more interested in something cheap lol. Large adapters would be nice though.. 30-45mm would be cool but post up what you got.

isved
09-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Just curious, why wouldn't wobble bolts work?

Han
09-14-2011, 02:55 PM
You don't necessarily need adapters for 120-120.65. It's only .325mm difference each way. You could just run spacers, but the hub bores/wheel bores match up to the hub and wheel.

Ollie
09-14-2011, 03:17 PM
Yes but I need large spacers anyways because of the high offsets so why not just get adapters since I'd be using adapter style spacers anyway?:) I wouldn't want to use wobble bolts with huge spacers, that would be silly. After 20mm, I always use adapter style spacers and at that point you can't use wobble bolts. And doing a mild redrill would be silly because I'm trying to sell the wheels and I want to keep them as an option for vette guys and they wouldnt like that. I also don't want to have to drill out the bolt holes if the bolt holes aren't big enough to accommodate wobble bolts which I don't think is the case but it does happen.

but basically the same reasoning as why e36 guys use adapters for saw blades.

Han
09-14-2011, 03:44 PM
Yes but I need large spacers anyways because of the high offsets so why not just get adapters since I'd be using adapter style spacers anyway?:) I wouldn't want to use wobble bolts with huge spacers, that would be silly. After 20mm, I always use adapter style spacers and at that point you can't use wobble bolts. And doing a mild redrill would be silly because I'm trying to sell the wheels and I want to keep them as an option for vette guys and they wouldnt like that. I also don't want to have to drill out the bolt holes if the bolt holes aren't big enough to accommodate wobble bolts which I don't think is the case but it does happen.

but basically the same reasoning as why e36 guys use adapters for saw blades.

I know what you mean, but .325mm, you don't even need wobble bolts. ;)

jr@adaptecspeedware
09-14-2011, 05:15 PM
Yo Ollie, give us a shout. We can build them anyway you like. StanceWorks discount as well. Bam.