guaging interest in Vehicle Wrapping & print

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guaging interest in Vehicle Wrapping & print

Wanted to pick brains and get some feedback from you guys.

I own a digital large format printing company and im looking at extending our services to vehicle wrapping, this will mainly be in vehicle colouration. so full colour wraps.

for example matt black, white, bright colours etc...

My 3 series is going to be wrapped in the coming week and we have a fully trained member of staff and looking to train a few more guys up.

what i wanted to ask is would anyone you guys be interested in getting vehicle wraps done. im looking at being competitivly priced and basing from our units in stoke-on-trent but later down the line traveling to the customer (problems can occur with heat, clean environments though!)

also while im doing this i may as well drop a shameless plug:
    www.superwideprint.com (we print signs, banners, flags etc...)

would appreciate some consturctive feedback and i will start arranging stuff. if i broke rules in anyway i apologise and please delete and slap my wrists.

Steve

p.s will also arrange for some highly discounted rates for SW members of course

Flickr

Gonna have to throw up some prices before I say yes or no, along with some examples of the work.

Comment

^^ knew that was coming =)

like i said at the moment we are just putting things in place and its not a service we already undertake. when we are fully setup we will have a few demo cars already wrapped to see craftmanship and have a better idea of prices.

For example at the moment our closest competitor charges around £1,590 to wrap a 3 series BMW in as matte film, this takes around 2/3 days to fully complete.

I was looking at a lower price of around £1,400 to include a full valet before the wrap takes place, then wrap and to include after care treatments such as cleaning fluids etc. dont forget these are RRP prices, no discounts are applied, further discounts will need to be arranged and discussed, its hard to throw a general price out there because every application is different. i just wanted to get an idea if the whole "car modding" scene was interested in a service as above.

Flickr

Comment

I find it hard to justify prices that high on a wrap, for that I would have a fully body respray. I know a £600 wrap will look shit, but unless they were sub £1000 I don't think I would consider it.

What about vinyl roof / bonnet etc price on those?

Comment

The above quoted price is;

A) an estimated price but prob wont drop sub £1,000
          B) quoted on VERY high quality 3M matte finished vinyl, this stuff is expensive to buy!!

i am sure i can get below sub £1k with other materials though and not neccesarilly matte finishes.

Bonnets, roof, bootlids etc all much cheaper as there the "easy" panels and again same as above, expensive in matt finishes (or decent carbon fibre vinyl) but much cheaper in other vinyls.

as soon as i know i will get some prices posted.

fyi i can also spray cars.. will post pictures of my purple 2tone with flake spray on my Hayabusa. ♥♥

Flickr

Comment

Wraps are a good because you can get a colour,
            That you want, and then a few years down the line you can change it back.

and they must act as a stone chip guard in some way??

(also you should include those clear plastic stone chip wrap stuff in your business, its really hard to find somewhere that'll do a good job of that)

And extend that to wheels some how and itll be great.

I'd be interested if i could afford it.

Comment

clear vinyl has been used before as a "stone chip" to sills and bumpers its pretty commmon, plus all our vinyls are laminated to protect from stone chips, scratches etc.

Wheel wraps, well thats another stoy but can be done, extremly hard on some wheels than others but doable, i was going to try do the bmw wheels in matte black but thats a project for later down the line.

Flickr

Comment

I want to wrap my car Blue....
                I think that'd be interesting.

my sister got her Mini Cooper S (convertible) wrapped in white for £800 i think.

Comment

I really want my lupo wrapped matt black...but the price is way too high for me

iPhone Repairs...www.badapplerepairs.com

Comment

Originally posted by sCrapp View Post
                    I want to wrap my car Blue....
                    I think that'd be interesting.

my sister got her Mini Cooper S (convertible) wrapped in white for £800 i think.
                    like i mentioned above, price is doable in normal white, its only when you hit the matte vinyls they get VERY expensive from supplier point of view. + labour £800 is about break even so cannot be done, however it can be DIY but i have seen people attempt to wrap and unless you have patience and a little skill then i have also seen people waste £600 worth of material trying.

Flickr

Comment

Working...
                    X