Stock 9-5 Aero - Let's get this thing started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock 9-5 Aero - Let's get this thing started

Okay, I recently bought a 2004 Saab 9-5 Aero 2.3t. I'd like to start putting some work into it, but I only know a little bit about what really should be done to a vehicle like this. I'll be honest, I love cars but I don't know everything about them. That's why I am coming here to ask some questions and hopefully get some suggestions. How should I start this project? Thanks!

Last edited by Baab; 11-13-2011, 04:14 PM.

what do you want to do?

Comment

You want power or...? Do you want to have it sitting on nice wheels with suspension upgrades? I mean the car isn't a slouch in terms of power stock (250hp), and there's some really good performance upgrades out there for it

Comment

go to saablink.net

i had a 9-5 aero and a viggen once, great cars and the motors are great for power upgrades

Comment

Stanced Saab's are sick too and yes I know this is an STCC 9-3 Racecar lol

Comment

Originally posted by aero93 View Post
            go to saablink.net

i had a 9-5 aero and a viggen once, great cars and the motors are great for power upgrades
            2nded. Awesome people over there.
            -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
            -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
            -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
            -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Always loved saabs. So purty

Sent from my telegraph

Comment

Looking to upgrade exhaust first, want it to breathe right. Once that's all said and done I would like to make the stance more aggressive. I also want to get the most bang for my buck, there's got to be some parts that are just as good as high-end brand name parts, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Baab View Post
                  Looking to upgrade exhaust first, want it to breathe right. Once that's all said and done I would like to make the stance more aggressive. I also want to get the most bang for my buck, there's got to be some parts that are just as good as high-end brand name parts, right?
                  The single biggest way to get the most bang for your buck is to do your own labor. btw- I love Saabs.
                  StatusRacing.com
                  Configure YOUR Seat Here
                  Tel: 1.480.265.8600
                  Email: sales@statusracing.com
                  Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by StatusRacing View Post
                    The single biggest way to get the most bang for your buck is to do your own labor. btw- I love Saabs.
                    For sure, I just need to find the parts first! I have plenty of friends who are certified and can help me along the way.

Comment

Go to saabcentral for performance oriented upgrades. Do not mention stance over there... Many people in the saab community have narrow minds. They think adding a spacer to your rear wheels will make you crash because the car will not handle. Same with staggered set ups, too much lowering ect.

I do not think they really make decent coilovers for the aero. A custom spring/shock set up might be your best bet. The rear of the car is pretty low already.

I used to own a saab but my mother crashed it right when I had coilovers and my wheels sitting in the garage. I miss the fuck out of it. One day I will pick up an 95 due to the comfort and tq.

My old 06 93 2.0T

Good luck, there are a few good lookin saabs out there, but I think they look amazing modified.
                      C5 A6 / / AMU TT

Comment

Genuinesaab.com is possibly the most popular tuning source in the U.S. They're pretty reasonably priced too. Used classifieds on Saablink.net or Saabcentral.com are your best sources for cheaper stuff, just be patient. Occasionally you can get lucky on craigslist or fleabay as well. I'd go for a JT 3" turbo-back exhaust and an open intake, really frees up some horses and allows the turbo to spool quicker--and sounds a hell of a lot better as well. After that, look at T7-suite tuning--there are lots of people on the forums who will do it very affordably--to hook you up with a tune to really pep it up. After that it's all up to you how far you want to take it. Good luck!
                        -1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
                        -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
                        -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
                        -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

I got a Saab too man! Same model and year lol and I agree with mostly everyone on here, go with performance first, exhaust, headers, turbo upgrade etc.. A front mount intercooler always gives it an aggressive look. Then get a set of BBS RS's if you have that kind of bank haha, I got a roof rack on mine, love it. As for suspension, I kept mine stock for now, but see what you can do.

Comment

Here are some of the exhausts I have been checking out..

Our BSR SportFlow fits your car . Reduces pressure and gives a faster throttle response and a sportier sound.

Some feedback or more suggestions would be appreciated!

Comment

99 9-3 owner here. As far as exhausts you definitely can't go wrong with BSR or GS. The T7 does require a little more work to squeeze the power out than the previous T5. Saablink.net and Saabcentral.com are definitely where to go.

Comment

Working...
                              X