Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP: SW Zero Clearance Rear Spring Collar Install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP: SW Zero Clearance Rear Spring Collar Install.

Installing stanceworks zero clearance coils but I don't know if I put the adjustable collar for the rear springs on the bottom or the top of the springs when you install them. Do I also use the two stock rubber pad's from the rear for the new springs? Cause I read you put the top rubber pad on the bottom when installing KW's but I don't know what to do for my SW zero clearance coils.

Please and thank you.

it doesnt matter. i installed them on top so that its easier to adjust. the pad will just be there to reduce spring noise. its up to you if you want to keep it.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    I've had a lot more fun in my Dad's Prius than I care to admit.

BMW e23 build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
      it doesnt matter. i installed them on top so that its easier to adjust. the pad will just be there to reduce spring noise. its up to you if you want to keep it.
      this, i only had a pad on the bottom.
      good luck with your project.
      -Instagram@jdjurhuus
      Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Originally posted by NegativeCamber View Post
        Originally posted by Zic View Post
        this, i only had a pad on the bottom.
        good luck with your project.
        Thanks guys.

Just a quick question. How are the SW Zero Clearance coilovers compared to stock suspension in terms of ride quality? Is it supposed to generate a bouncy ride? I just installed them on my E36 and the ride is very bouncy but I don't have anything to compare them to besides my stock suspension because these are my first set of coils.

Comment

Originally posted by Esteban213 View Post
          Thanks guys.

Just a quick question. How are the SW Zero Clearance coilovers compared to stock suspension in terms of ride quality? Is it supposed to generate a bouncy ride? I just installed them on my E36 and the ride is very bouncy but I don't have anything to compare them to besides my stock suspension because these are my first set of coils.
          It shouldn't be bouncy. Stiff, yes. Bouncy, no.
          StatusRacing.com
          Configure YOUR Seat Here
          Tel: 1.480.265.8600
          Email: sales@statusracing.com
          Fan us on Facebook

Comment

Yeah they're really not bouncy at all. They can be harsh if the road is harsh but I never get any bounce

IG: @_olliee

Comment

What's the difference between a bouncy ride and a stiff ride? Any details I should be looking for?

Comment

bouncy = oscillation to infinity; for example: if you've ever been in a car with blown struts/shocks. or a car with struts/shocks not valved properly. you hit a bump and it'll take 10 seconds before the suspension stops oscillating.

stiff = firm feeling. you hit a bump and the car does not oscillate for an extended period of time. Some people confuse stiff with bumpy.

Do you feel more bumps in a stiff suspension, yes. is that a bouncy ride, i guess subjectively you could argue yes but in terms of dynamics it's not.

Comment

FYI i also have SW Z/C coilvoers and they are not bouncy. As Ollie said it can be harsh on a shitty rode but that is not bouncy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bruno730 View Post
                    bouncy = oscillation to infinity; for example: if you've ever been in a car with blown struts/shocks. or a car with struts/shocks not valved properly. you hit a bump and it'll take 10 seconds before the suspension stops oscillating.

stiff = firm feeling. you hit a bump and the car does not oscillate for an extended period of time. Some people confuse stiff with bumpy.

Do you feel more bumps in a stiff suspension, yes. is that a bouncy ride, i guess subjectively you could argue yes but in terms of dynamics it's not.
                    Thanks for the info man, I really appreciate it. I get it now.

Originally posted by Bruno730 View Post
                    FYI i also have SW Z/C coilvoers and they are not bouncy. As Ollie said it can be harsh on a shitty rode but that is not bouncy.
                    Fasho.

Comment

Working...
                    X