Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uk bmw e46 m3

Hi Guys.

Well were can I start regarding this car, well I think it began some where in the early 90’s to be honest, when I first lay my eyes on a hamann kitted and tuned E30 M3 the one with the black body and yellow detailing around the body.

Well as a young teen it quickly gave me the horn as you can image, and as well as giving my older brother the horn aswell lol. Well that car resulted in him buying a white E30 325i sport and to me that was the bollacks…with 17inch ATEV 5 spoke rims it looked and went like shit of a shovel, and being one of the 1st BMW of its kind in my area it also cause the ladies to get alittle moist ( so my brother say ).

The car came with the complete M-TEC kitted already fitted so all we really did was purchase the ICE which at the time again was a very new thing. I remember driving home after picking it up from Midland Car Audio (as it was known back then) and I thought it sounded alittle shit to be honest, as I couldn’t hear the burble of remus exhaust but again the car was getting the looks so who was I to complain. I actually used to enjoy my trip to and from school.

Fast forward 12 yrs and me and my brothers we decided to re-enter the bmw marquee but this time going in head first and getting a M3 convertible obviously for the pose values.

After much searching and looking we decided on a a Carbon Black E46 with Red Leather. It was owned by a pensioner and I don’t think saw 4000 rpm in its entirety so we were glad 2 take it off his hand and the SMG box was amazing. The pleasure of a auto and the thrill of a F1 all bundled together in a amazing package and wow did it attract the honeys.

That was 2005 but fast forward again and in 2008 the M3’s have become ten a penny in my area ( the drug dealers have gone upmarket here ) so the car my pride and joy needed a complete makeover. Drastic times call for drastic measures and after much searching and nosing around many forums/sites I ended talking to a few like minded individuals (who later got together to create DarkLine Alliance

After much nosing around I feel in love with many cars like Fas’s and chaos's cabby just to name a few so I took a deep breath and called up Roy at CA to see what he could offer me. It didn’t take much twisting of the arm and he persuaded me in purchasing the complete Vorsteiner Kit. I was completely shitting it to be honest with you, for someone who doesnt like going shopping to spend a hefty wedge is a bit nerve racking.

After a about a month the parts arrived on time, undamaged and looking rather nice I have to say, all that was left was getting the things on the car, and the only person I could trust with the task of transformation was my friend Jav of Rehman and Sons in Halesowen, hes been doing body work on Ferrari’s lambo’s Bentleys you name it hes done it, so the car was in safe hand. As I was getting the whole car altered I couldn’t be seen rolling on stock wheels so the they had 2 go and there was only 1 choice for me TrafficStar RTS with black centers and polished lip… PERFECT.

The wait had been long I have to admit 5 weeks in total but when i got the back and I hit the black top, the looks I was getting were amazing. So I guess the effort had been worthwhile.. but then again.. I wouldn’t give to hoots if no one liked it… I did and the fact that I have fulfilled my dream of creating a car of my choice the way I wanted it to be (might have nicked a few ideas along the way) is what its all about for me, and im sure all the DarkLiners can relate to the this, but a car is a extention of ones inner self, so this creations is all about me…

Basically it’s the complete Vorsteiner Kit i.e. Front apron, side skirts, csl style boot, GTR bonnet, and rear diffuser.

The wheels are 19inch trafficStar RT5 with conti sport tyres all round and has been lower on H&R springs to get that lower down tyre hugging look

The colour is a mix between arctic white and glacier white… with a custom shade mixed in...

ICE wise i entrust the help of the 2 Pauls at motorguard, who came up trumps hardcore SQ install consisting of Complete Focal amps and speakers... I will let the pics do it justice..

Hope you like it guys… SOME PIC BELOW... of how it started and hows its ended up.

yes the side moldings got stolen...

some in progress pics...

some during

molded fog light surrounds...

Comment

some pics of the ice build... complete focal install... custom everything.

boot build

pillar builds...

finished ice...

Comment

outside complete... and pbmw photoshoot pics..

Comment

WOW, thats a great build man

-Michael

Comment

cheers bruv... much appreciated..

some more from my Redline feature..

Comment

That car is the secks!
              My only potential beef is with the engine bay. Is it still black?

Comment

Originally posted by Schnitz View Post
                That car is the secks!
                My only potential beef is with the engine bay. Is it still black?
                yes the engine bay is still black, it would have been to expensive to take the engine out and paint the bay, but the matt black look of the engine bay compliements the rest of the car.

its not the best of pics but as the engine is so big and theres so much going on around it that you hardly notice

Comment

I am not in love with the style of the car, I personally like a simple oem style look. But I appreciate the work that has gone into it. Very nice.

Comment

Looks sweet man
                    Live,Breathe,Build,Believe,BMW!

Comment

Lot of work done. Respect.

Needs more low at the front I think. Maybe some other wheels...

Comment

Originally posted by Speedbump View Post
                        Lot of work done. Respect.

Needs more low at the front I think. Maybe some other wheels...
                        unfortunately i cant go much lower on the front as the UK is littered with sleeping policemen (speed humps) and the current drop gives it just about enough clearance..

Comment

a little update that i did at the beginning of summer.

had all the trim in the interior custom wrapped, i think i was the 1st in the UK to do this on the UK BMW scene but i could be wrong.

i do know though i was the 1st in the UK to have the vert top carbon wrapped aswell as it was the 1st batch in the UK. it got alot of attention at the summer shows.

trim...

roof..

LED angel eyes were added aswell

and a few pics...

Comment

Originally posted by mpower5266 View Post
                            I am not in love with the style of the car, I personally like a simple oem style look. But I appreciate the work that has gone into it. Very nice.
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

nice build, time for some HPF love?

www.effineuro.com

Comment

Working...
                              X